Mechanical Keyboards (KeyboardIO KickStarter)

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I got the Altreus (their previous KickStarter, portable mechanical keyboard), and love it.

Also missed their original split keyboard so decided to back their new 100 model. Looks good methinks...

Ahh but does it match up to the Pyra’s keyboard? ;)
I can't be sure of that, but certainly I want to use it when docked with my Pyra when I get one :)
Post automatically merged:

Nice.
Way too high under the wrists imho.
The stands are optional, and I think are mostly advised for a negative tilt when typing while in a standing position.

I've got two Model 01 (home,clicky+work,quiet) - don't wanna touch no standard keyboard no more.
The stands' topsides are slanted and you can orient them as you like. They get fixed to the halves like a stand to a photo camera - same srew thread.
But some people used other stuff to mount their kb halves - captain's chair like just in front of the arm rests, or tuck-away-able holders beneath the desk, or hanging from the belt resting on the upper thighs (for outdoors or something) ... There's a thread on the topic in the forum over there.
Post automatically merged:

Nice.
Way too high under the wrists imho.
Put your chair 27mm higher then.

I would have a hard time backing up a project like this, despite seeming like an easy to execute project, The A1200.net Amiga Keycap project is a big example of things going wrong in he injection molding industry not only due to Covid, but natural disasters and other things. Over 4 years of waiting and still not received it, just get a ton of sob stories on how things can go wrong.

Along with a few other Kickstarters that failed even when fully funded and plus some, will call this a hard pass.

Last edited:
I don't mind kickstarters failing, even back quite a few without physical rewards. If it was only about getting a thing I would buy finished products. If I back a project, it's about supporting the project more than about buying a thing.

I would never back a shoe project for instance :D

Back