Mdf-Tankgame Preview Release!

maiden

Website
mybot.se
This is to show the basic features of a tankgame that will be released for gp2x, wiz, dingoo, windows, mac, linux and pandora.
this is the Dingoo (dingux) release!
http://mybot.se/data/%5bMDF%5dTankgame-preview.tar.gz

youtube video will come soon, now! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsuft3Ilspw

Update:
Controls: Dpad, L = teleport R = change weapon Y = fire.

feedback wanted,

Hi maiden,

I have been trying to run your game in Dingux via Gmenu on the Dingoo without much success.

I have extracted the game folder to the /local/apps folder on my SD card.

So it now looks like this below, With the game file, Png file etc in that folder.

/local/apps/[MDF]Tankgame-preview/

I then added a link to your game "tank-mdfgame" in Gmenu via the browse option, And
the game icon appears on Gmenu`s desktop, So everything looks fine and dandy.

But on clicking the game icon to run it, It displays a segmentation fault according to
Gmenu`s log file and FBgrab (screenshot grabber) and exits straight back to Gmenu.

Hope this helps

Trooper

trooper said:
Hi maiden,

I have been trying to run your game in Dingux via Gmenu on the Dingoo without much success.

I have extracted the game folder to the /local/apps folder on my SD card.

So it now looks like this below, With the game file, Png file etc in that folder.

/local/apps/[MDF]Tankgame-preview/

I then added a link to your game "tank-mdfgame" in Gmenu via the browse option, And
the game icon appears on Gmenu`s desktop, So everything looks fine and dandy.

But on clicking the game icon to run it, It displays a segmentation fault according to
Gmenu`s log file and FBgrab (screenshot grabber) and exits straight back to Gmenu.

Hope this helps

Trooper

ok, strange, i am looking into it now. i always start the game from filebrowser, have not yet checked how to add a game to gmenu.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i think i know what is wrong.
this will probobly be a fast fix

Fixed, try to redownload in 5min.

or edit your resources.mdf file. (same folder as the gamefile.)
first line, change "background.jpg" to "background.png" :p

u9i said:
Any chance to see a youtube video soon?
ok, i have a movie that lacks focus, will make a new soon, if you do not really want to look on a blurry screen :p .
i hope next gets better.

update:
well it is a bit better..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsuft3Ilspw

u9i said:
looks great. It is similar to a game i am working on :blink:

nice :D how far have you come?
this will be a multiplayer game. (singleplayer for dingoo,gp2x,wiz)

Yeah, mine is also a multiplayer game. I haven't come far though. Got the networking up and running (so no handhelds atm), got some planets with gravity and the players get a spaceship when they connect. That's about it really. Now we are trying out different mechanics to make some kind of gamem out of it :)

(sorry for the late reply. Been traveling)

ok, the next thing i will do is to add a simple bot, but first i will make a port to GP2X and WIZ, that will (hopefully) go fast..
sadly, i do not have any time right now. but hopefully i wont get a job this summer so i can spend all my time on my game projects :D

Back