Max Ghostpix

Oh another thing that came to my mind: I hope the old savegame will be compatible with the new version. I would really hate to loose all the progress!

Oh another thing that came to my mind: I hope the old savegame will be compatible with the new version. I would really hate to loose all the progress!

Just open up the sav-file into an editor - pretty easy to create your own savegame ;)
Not much that can be broken :p

Last edited:
Arg that is too simple, thank you, EvilDragon.

Another thing, if you push select, your time is drainded. Don`t know if its a bug.

It's only the beta version. That option was only for debugging purposes.

i've been playing ghostpix, superb game, only one complaint:

the color of the background of the place where the numbers are shown of the currently selecter row and column (whew, what a sentence), changes. However on my NLU the color isn't so different from the lighter colored parts, and i was about ready to throw my gp32 out of the window from frustration of always making mistakes about what column i had selected :s, couldn't you make the color of the selected row and column a bit more different?

Of course I can! It's in my TODO list, thanks :)

It won't be compatible. However, when you install the new version it'll detect your old savegame and it'll be turned into the new.

*********************************************************** ;)
Not much that can be broken :p

Again, debugging purposes. The next version will have 3 slots and encrypted saves. Please edit that message, don't say these things, or no one will play the game until the end. And if you hack the savegame, you won't see the cutscenes ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You will can continue your progress, don't worry ;)
I'll think about implementing colors.

Wow, those color puzzles are interesting! I'm about to try your game out now, picross is a GREAT time killer. :)

Edit: It's pretty nice! :) What clock speed does it run at though? My GP32 was low on batteries, and when I missed, my FLU started the "REPLACE THE BATTERIES, SMART GUY!" flicker thingy when I miss-hit a square. Probably 133mhz.

Edit 2: And yeah, isn't there a way to speed up the SMC access? I'm just curious, I thought there was a way by using a cache or something.

Fenix does run at 133 standart. I got a overclocked fxi.fxe from Horscht, which run at 156, but I doubt Marc_RC used that one :D

I would be really thankful for informtation about speeding up the smc access. I`m just saving one variable at once most of the time in my minigame series, but it is taking ages!

EDIT oh, Marc_RC, maybe you can lend me hand with a little Fenix problem, if you have a little time, check the help me link in my sig, please :)

I absolutely adore this game, well done! I have only had my GP32 for a few days and I play this the most... even more than my old megadrive games of yore. Thank you for such an incredible masterpiece. I hope you win the gbax compatition, I will be rooting for you!

Thanks, thanks to all. ^_^

Now I can't work on the new version because I have exams. But within the next 2 or 3 months I'll finish it (and release it ported to DC and PC), and then I'll start on my next project. Stay tunned! ;)

I love this game, I'm always playing it while on the train and often in my bed, too, before going to sleep, or in the morning.
You made an almost perfect conversion of the original! Very cool.

And the music is much better than in Picross for SNES. Track 1+2 are my favorites, but I like them all. Where did you get those songs from?

Some features I'd like to see implemented:

1. I sometimes accidentally re-cover a field that I already uncovered, or mark it. That shouldn't be possible. Also, uncovering a marked field should be forbidden, too. I had some nasty accidents already. :p

2. Mark, or uncover full lines. If it was possible to go up above or to the left of the playfield and press A or B to either uncover all fields in that line that aren't marked OR mark all fields that aren't uncovered, that would be really convenient!

I hope you understand my gibberish. :rolleyes:

Back