Max Ghostpix

June 2nd: To quote George Bush we misunderestimated the number of entries, it actually comes out at over 60! Because of this we can't get the downloads online tonight, but here is a preview of whats to come, there are quite a lot of emulators for the GP32, its F'ing crazy ;), DS has put in a good show continuing the trend from the GBA, Zodiac is more represented this year too. You will love it.

:( have to wait longer

Over 60 entries? Holy cow!

So, will the entries be available for download before the judges are done?
Also, where did you get that quote, Fire_Blade?

Your game looks really nice! :D I'm going to HAVE to play now to see if there are any dragons in it. ;) I love puzzle and puzzle-esque games like this. You know the kind, the Tetris, Lumines, Puzznic, Polarium (DS), Oxyd/Enigma, Sokoban, Picross... you know, THAT genre. :) That's one of the many genres that I like. :D

Anyway, your game looks great, and I can't wait to see what it'll be like when you complete it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i played it, it's REALLY nice, very good quality of graphics, lots of levels, commercial quality i would say ;)

My favority compo entry! I would give you first place!

Two things I don`t like:
Make a little notification when the gp32 is saving the progress after finishing a puzzle, because I thought it crashed! I was short for switching off the gp32 which would have ruined my smc.
And it would be nice the game also save after one puzzle at the dad difficulty (where there are 4 screens).

That`s about it, I didn`t expect it to be that nice and that it is a Fenix release also stunned me! :D Can you maybe tell me how you avoided that fenix loading screen where you are just shown the splash screen in your entry?

Two things I don`t like:
Make a little notification when the gp32 is saving the progress after finishing a puzzle, because I thought it crashed! I was short for switching off the gp32 which would have ruined my smc.

Yep, I thought the same thing!

Can you maybe tell me how you avoided that fenix loading screen where you are just shown the splash screen in your entry?

Umm... get the runtimes and read the readme. ;)

Last edited:
i played it, it's REALLY nice, very good quality of graphics, lots of levels, commercial quality i would say ;)

My favority compo entry! I would give you first place!

Two things I don`t like:
And it would be nice the game also save after one puzzle at the dad difficulty (where there are 4 screens).

That`s about it, I didn`t expect it to be that nice and that it is a Fenix release also stunned me! :D Can you maybe tell me how you avoided that fenix loading screen where you are just shown the splash screen in your entry?

Thanks too ;)
It's only version 0.8. The next version will have a Saving message and it will let you continue the puzzles ad Dad/Max Rules if you switch off your GP32 between puzzles.
It will have new features too.
BTW, if you think 4-screens puzzles are hard, imagine a SPECIAL puzzle with 16 screens ;) Anyone reached Max Rules?

Fenix is a very powerful tool. It can do anything you want if you put all the efforts you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it can! :D
Now can you tell me about the load screen picture thingie, cause I don`t have the readme and the filearchive is down...

I don`t think the puzzles are hard (atleast for now) but most of the time I can`t complete all four (or later 16) puzzles at once.

Of course it can! :D
Now can you tell me about the load screen picture thingie, cause I don`t have the readme and the filearchive is down...

Haha, I have a local copy on my harddisk :p

Here's the readme:

--------------------------------

Here Loaders!

- OLD: Text verbose.
- BLANK: No text.
- SPLASH: Permit show your splash screen. If your game is 'EXAMPLE' put /GPMM/EXAMPLE/EXEMPLE.PNG.

--------------------------------

So you just need to use the splash screen loader.

Last edited:
Arg that is too simple, thank you, EvilDragon.

Another thing, if you push select, your time is drainded. Don`t know if its a bug.

i've been playing ghostpix, superb game, only one complaint:

the color of the background of the place where the numbers are shown of the currently selecter row and column (whew, what a sentence), changes. However on my NLU the color isn't so different from the lighter colored parts, and i was about ready to throw my gp32 out of the window from frustration of always making mistakes about what column i had selected :s, couldn't you make the color of the selected row and column a bit more different?

Back