Max In Ghostpix

M

Marc_RC

As some of you know, I have been working very hard on MAX in Ghostpix. And this is the result:

Version 0.999 for GP32

Download HERE:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XYK7FGFA

This isn't the final version because I want to do some tweaks to the code, and maybe there are still some bugs (that you can report to me if you want ;)). But I can assure you that you will have the final version (GP32, GP2X, DC and PC versions) before christmas. Quiest is working right now on the GP2X version.

This is my most important project on years and I want to make it PERFECT (or almost perfect ;)).

What's new in this version? Please, see it for yourself because is a totally revamped game :D

AWESOME! Can't wait for the GP2X version of this *great* Picross game.

Thanks Marc_RC & Quiest!

BTW, shouldn't this be moved to the GP32 news section?

The link isn't very helpful; it leads to a generic front page. <_<

How about a screenshot / description, for those of us with no flipping idea what you are smirking about? ;)

vaustein posted on Dec 7 2006 at 01:57 AM said:
The link isn't very helpful; it leads to a generic front page. <_<
That's just the (rubbish) way megaupload works - if you look in the top-right corner, there's a code and a text entry box - type the code into the box; wait for the timer to countdown; then click the download link that appears.

Last edited by a moderator:
vaustein, it's a variation of Picross, a great puzzle game where you chip away stones on a grid to create a picture. It's a little bit like Sudoko where each line has a certain number of "hits" and you have to triangulate to work out which squares should be chipped away.

Screenies here: http://www.tinet.org/~mark/max/

Like the Unix classic "BlackBox", only instead of uncovering jewels, you uncover segments of a picture.

Excellent! :D

Heyaa!

I can only say, its fantastic, what Marc produced here. Such a fabulous game!
The gp2x version should be out this evening =D

Have fun with the gp32 version till then :)

The fact that all of the news posts on the main page have [GP2X] is very very very misleading. How come its still like this?

peetabix posted on Dec 7 2006 at 07:35 PM said:
The fact that all of the news posts on the main page have [GP2X] is very very very misleading. How come its still like this?

Errmm... it's because he posted this in the gp2x news section, not in the GP32 news section ;)

Last edited:
I`m really sorry people, my card reader disappeared mysteriously... which wouldn`t be that bad, but it disappeared with my sd card o_O couldn`t really do anything yet, but I will try to find another SD card (or better, the old one) tomorrow and hopefully have it working then.

P.S.: Sorry, Marc :(

Oh, don't worry Quiest :) This is my last full-of-exams week, when it finishes I'll work on it and release the final version.

Hi, Marc! Great work with this Ghostpix, it's a must-have in my SMC. I've been trying it for a while, I've passed all the first lesson and I've found some bugs in the game. If i can remember well:

- The cross button sometimes acts as the discover button, making me mistake more often than I would. I think it's always when I go a little fast checking the holes.

- Another one is that sometimes when I load a puzzle, the game freezes on a dark screen. It is done randomly.

- When I want to discover a full column or file, I keep pressing the A button while I press Up, Down, Left or Right, but it always forgets to discover the first block I select.

- There seems to be some kind of lag between moving around and switching blocks fastly. Is there any way to improve this speed?

- Sometimes when you move the selection square around the puzzle, it leaves some black lines wherever it goes, that disappear when you pass again over them. I don't know about programming, but it seems like residual graphics from the previous animation.

Nothing else, I hope this can help you to make the best Ghostpix you can. I'm waiting for the 1.0!

See you soon!

- The cross button sometimes acts as the discover button, making me mistake more often than I would. I think it's always when I go a little fast checking the holes.
Fixed!
- Another one is that sometimes when I load a puzzle, the game freezes on a dark screen. It is done randomly.
I don't know what can do this. Have you tried to wait some seconds? Maybe it's saving the game and doesn't show the text.

EDIT: Nevermind... It's fixed now!! :)
- When I want to discover a full column or file, I keep pressing the A button while I press Up, Down, Left or Right, but it always forgets to discover the first block I select.
Fixed!
- There seems to be some kind of lag between moving around and switching blocks fastly. Is there any way to improve this speed?
I did the game this way because it's easier for the user to push/mark blocks one by one.
- Sometimes when you move the selection square around the puzzle, it leaves some black lines wherever it goes, that disappear when you pass again over them. I don't know about programming, but it seems like residual graphics from the previous animation.
I don't know what can happen :( The old version didn't do that. I think it's by the graphics mode (16 bit). GP2X shouldn't have this bug though.
Nothing else, I hope this can help you to make the best Ghostpix you can. I'm waiting for the 1.0!

See you soon!
Thank you! :)

Back