Mario Kart Super Circuit

Website
Visit site
Its not working well, but at least its working. One of the greatest games of all time is working on my GP32 using VBA. People can say that GBA emulation will never happen, but i have just seen it. I'm not saying that i'll be playing it (because it is rather slow) or that Commercial games will work well in the future. I'm just saying that it feels kinda momentous to be playing this and it kinda bodes well for the future. I know some people are scared or whatever of GBA emulation, bit i think its fun just to see what our machines are actually capable of, even if it is unikely to ever be playable. well done. :)

Umm, I think it was never said that GBA Emulation wouldn't be possible, of course its possible, just never at a decent speed..

Mario Kart is also my favorite game for SNES, GBA, and N64!!

Was it playable?

i mean, ok slow, but with wich frameskip? and again was it playable?

let me know :)

no. its not playable in any one's description of playable. Even at max frame skip it is really really slow...... but thats not the point i was making anyway.

i was wondering how far optmisations could go. Is it possible to turn off emulating the back ground etc or other effects that aren't key atleast at the beginning. I just mean how customised is the arm processor in the gba cant any commands be taken in just the same way... Or is it possible to say use some kind of pc based program to say remake an gba rom gp32 friendly basically i'm asking if its possible to do some of the emulating work before you actually play it. Making the code more arm processor friendly... I dont really no anything about emulators but i was just wondering.

mario kart for the snes does work, id say about 70% speed.

the problem with nintendo emulation is that they use custom chips for the psuedo 3d and 2d trickery so you have to recreate these chips in software.

Isnt there anything we can do in the way the psx and n64 emulators worked by being so high level? Or is this just an option for emus on pcs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario Kart is also my favorite game for SNES, GBA, and N64!!
お前、かっこいくないで!ははは!かてなぁーGP32持ってんねんのでお前がオケやで。;)ところで、関西弁分かる?
Looks like Japanese, certainly not Korean. Uhm... I can't make out any recognisable characters.

Btw Shane it's not nice to ask people to PM you for leaked betas. I hope ZardozJ no longer cares.

EDIT: Hmm Tobriand, looks like your computer can't cope :) (or IE?) ... Mozilla 1.5 seems to quote it OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
オクテービアスは意地悪! ハハ。 関西ダイアレークト分かりません。ごめん。

IMO I think people shouldn't worry about the GBA because it is a peice of crap and I know cause I own one and a flash linker and I play the GP32 instead.
Genesis and SNES if at least one of these could be perfectly emulated (genesis vote from me :p ) than GBA can go to hell :lol:

:ph34r:

zboy9, why'd you have to use Kanji? I only know like 20 characters...but, this is what babelfish gave me:

As for オクテービアス cross temper! ハハ. Kansai diamond raked you do not understand. The め it is.

オクテービアス
Okuteebiasu?

ハハ
haha?

All I got from my own translation is that you are sorry about not being about to buy (kaimasen) something. Although I am surprised babelfish didn't even understand "gomen"!

...Oh, and on topic, I am aware of several people who would buy a GP32 if it could do Super Mario Kart on SNES full-speed w/ sound.

オクテービアス = Octavius, that guy's name. I said that he was being mean by saying I was not cool. Do you see just below my picture? It basically says, "Cool, isn't it?" He also said something like he was asking me if I understood his Kansai dialect, and I said that I didn't understand his dialect. btw, I don't understand that much kanji either, but when I input the hiragana into my computer it can easily make it kanji. I am still working on my Japanese, cause I am a just a ばかがい人。Here is what I wrote with no kanji: オクテービアスはいじわる。ハハ。かんさいダイアレークトわかりません。ごめん。

Back