Marathon

rossimo

Still Fresh
Marathon would be a great game to port. It was the game Bungie made before the famous Halo series. It looks like an updated version of the Doom game. The source code is under the GPL, and the game content is free (non-GPL, though). That really should not be a problem. Even better, the source code is already based on SDL!

http://trilogyrelease.bungie.org/

I've ordered my GP2X, and counting the ceiling tiles 'till it comes.

Actually it was a game they made before Myth1+2. Sorry to be so nit picky, but I like Myth, or at least more than other RTS games ;)

I haven't yet played Marathon (waiting for a Windows or Linux port), but it sounds pretty good from what I hear.

I too would love to see a port of the classic marathon series. Oh how much fun I had with those games, maybe I could beat one now instead of just using cheats and messing around with the weapons. (I was like 8 or something give me a break)

Ferentix posted on Dec 17 2005 at 03:57 AM said:
Actually it was a game they made before Myth1+2. Sorry to be so nit picky, but I like Myth, or at least more than other RTS games ;)

I haven't yet played Marathon (waiting for a Windows or Linux port), but it sounds pretty good from what I hear.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add one more vote for getting this ported, Marathon was an excellent game.

Back