Map Where You Are!

aapje89 posted on Oct 27 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 27 2005 at 12:20 PM said:
He, my 3000 people village is listed :)
you live in bavaria...is that where the bavaria beer is brewed?

Hehe, I live in the area of Bavaria, where most of the hops for beer worldwide comes from :)

Last edited:
OK, ED's village of 3000 is listed, but Sault Ste Marie, a Canadian city of 75,000 on the shores of the Great Lakes, is not? :huh: Also there's bourbon and his town of 50 people... <_<

Well, whatever... I'm in Toronto as well. It's rather odd how Vaughan (a small city just north of Toronto) is named on that map while Toronto, the capital of Ontario and the biggest city in Canada is not.

Other problems:
-no Victoria (capital) or Vancouver (biggest city) in British Columbia
-no Montreal (Canada's second biggest city) in Quebec.
You can see them when you get really close, but they sure picked some strange cities to focus on for the zoomed out map.

And skeezix, it's really not that cold here - it's refreshing. ;)

I think GPH should put one of these on their website and encourage the entire GP community to fill it out, because I imagine that it would be quite usefull for them. The results here are obviously biased in favour of English-speaking countries. :)

that is pretty cool...wow...no other south floridans...(lucky bastards lol) :p

EvilDragon posted on Oct 28 2005 at 12:43 AM said:
aapje89 posted on Oct 27 2005 at 02:56 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Oct 27 2005 at 12:20 PM said:
He, my 3000 people village is listed :)
you live in bavaria...is that where the bavaria beer is brewed?

Hehe, I live in the area of Bavaria, where most of the hops for beer worldwide comes from :)
aha, lucky you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, its definately a little US-centric, but the idea is pretty nifty. I imagine they'll go nuts with this somehow, so you can see a map of where your emails come from or something :) And they do need an edit system I suppose, but they probably wanted to avoid the whole mess of signing up for accounts etc.

jeff

Ok, I've added myself.

Lots of people are close to water. o_O I mean, there are tons of sections of barren land with no huge water bodies, and none of us are there. Just a little interesting. :p Does it make shipping easier? :D

Hmm like the old bravenet things.
I wonder if this one is capable of saving the results for a decent amount of time unlike that, tried it on a few forums and they always buggered up.

How very strange though...the world is round and consists of just america

seems like most gp32 owners live near hamburg, so when we will ever do a meeting it will be there ;)

where is that old "where do you live" topic.
If someone could add some of them for the people who have not logged on for a little while.
And does gp32spain and our korean mates know?

STUPID AMERICANS !!!! :wacko:

They keep saying me on Frappr that my city is "Invalid" :huh:

What the hell they are thinking, this city more than 250.000 inhabitants, one of the 15 biggest cities in France and place where Minitel and DSL was invented !

So I don't like that when stupid software such as that tell stupid things like this .

Sorry can't add myself to the list ,then

City is Rennes, France (and I didn't write the name in Breton ,yet)

STUPID AMERICANS !!!! :wacko:

They keep saying me on Frappr that my city is "Invalid" :huh:

What the hell they are thinking, this city more than 250.000 inhabitants, one of the 15 biggest cities in France and place where Minitel and DSL was invented !

So I don't like that when stupid software such as that tell stupid things like this .

Sorry can't add myself to the list ,then

City is Rennes, France (and I didn't write the name in Breton ,yet)
je jour au tennis

Last edited by a moderator:
Back