Mame4all question

GeePeeTwoEggs

Still Fresh
On Space Invaders I get large green and red bands across the screen. Basically the colours are mixed up. I've experienced exactly the same problem on the ios and android versions of mame4all but managed to fix it in the settings. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated :)

Mame4all needs Roms from Mame's 037b5 set - earlier or later versions could account for your problem, I experienced something similar when I tried a couple of different versions (didn't bother creating or finding a suitable set, just cherrypicked from sets I had to hand), but Space Invaders Deluxe worked properly - also the copies that performed oddly in Mame4all worked properly in PanMame.

is that not to replicate colour on a b&w monitor
On some versions, yes, but for some reason in Mame4all (perhaps only with incorrect rom versions) it isn't a correctly transparent layer, you should only see the invaders coloured in as if they were behind the overlay, but I've seen what's being described, the colour overlays are bright across the full screen instead of being black where there is nothing displayed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still not having any luck.

Interestingly, on the ios version, when I change the video depth from 16 bit to 8bit the graphics are perfect without the green and red overlays you described above. Is there are similar way on our version or would you recommend a different emulator altogether?

It works perfectly for me in PanMame. It's handy to have both installed, especially if you want to dip into competitive play with Compo4all Mame, as you'll need to check your roms work in PanMame before you use them in Compo4all, as they are based on the same version of Mame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back