Mame4All Doesn't Recognize My Roms

zombiekisser

Still Fresh
So, I've just found MAME4All here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,73,22 (bought my wiz at thinkgeek.com so they referred me there for emus) and it's pretty much the only emulator that I'm having trouble using.

I have it set up in my Game folder just fine and the emu will start up but upon starting up it'll tell me "error: no available games found" and then send me back to the menu. I figured that since the emu came with a Roms folder thats where they should go...but it still can't find them for some reason. Right now all that's in the Roms folder is "dir" (text file) and my .zip of metal slug 3 ("mslug3.zip") because I read somewhere that MAME needs your roms to be zipped.

What am I doing wrong?

I already read tokugawa's topic regarding this problem but there was really no clear answer.

As far as I know Metal slug 3 doesn't work on this version of mame so that might be it.

Have you tried any other roms?

AMADEUS said:
As far as I know Metal slug 3 doesn't work on this version of mame so that might be it.

Have you tried any other roms?

I think that even if MAME doesn't support a game, it will still display the ROMs found, followed by a message that it doesn't support the game.

In the OP's case, it's as if the ROM files can't be found at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mame4all does not support Metal Slug 3. In the same folder that Mame4all you'll find the file gamelist.txt with the list of supported games. You can try other games that work for sure. Snowbros, for example :)

juanvvc said:
Mame4all does not support Metal Slug 3. In the same folder that Mame4all you'll find the file gamelist.txt with the list of supported games. You can try other games that work for sure. Snowbros, for example :)

Yeah, I had a huge stack (3 or 4 gigs) of Mame roms that were passed down to me from a friend. I loaded them all onto the Wiz and I haven't been able to check them, but I've searched for a number of games in the list and noticed some missing ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
we figured it out.
apparantly, all we were doing wrong was grabbing the wrong roms.
you have to get the exact kind.
what a hassle xD

Back