MAME Rom Sets

Cas

Hello

With all the different MAME rom sets out there do you just need to use the latest

version all the time ?

Is there a list anywhere of what is the latest version ?

Thanks.

Thought it was 37b5 for Mame4all, that's the one the DAT file for keeps getting linked to?

Also note mame 106 has resolution issues so games with a dodgy resolution will result in the oops screen and alot of roms especislly cps2 roms have missing files in later releases that mame 106 requires, this emu needs a major overhaul and proper gui to become much use to anybody.

That's what I was going to ask. I thought t was 37b5 MAME ROMs for MAME4ALL. I hope so, because those are the ROMs I have.

I don't yet own a Pandora, but will in about 2 weeks or so...once I get my tax refund.

Anyone out there running MAME4ALL with 37b5? Or can anyone help with clrmamepro? I never was very clear on how to work that thing.

I run mame4all & have played hundreds of the games from it using a full set of 37b5 roms without a single failure.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you, Ian. That would have been a deal-breaker for me if 37b5 ROMs didn't work. I really like the look of Pandora, and want to get one.

I'll probably need a little help setting things up a bit, I'm intermediate-level at best with ths sort of stuff, but I managed with a Dingoo, and installing Dingux on it, so I can't imagine this will be much harder to manage as long as there's some good tutorials/instructions available to follow.

Mostly, I want to put a lot of games on there, a few apps, and use it to check web-based email while on the fly.

Was going to go with a Kindle Fire...but I think I like this better...Kindle don't do MAME...not that I know of, anyway.

I'll probably need a little help setting things up a bit, I'm intermediate-level at best with ths sort of stuff, but I managed with a Dingoo, and installing Dingux on it, so I can't imagine this will be much harder to manage as long as there's some good tutorials/instructions available to follow.
As long as you can create five directories on an SD Card and put things in them, you're not going to have any trouble getting started whatsoever. :)

I'm a complete linux dunce & I manage fine, there are some excellent videos from ED on youtube that detail how to setup your SD cards.

Hats off too to the forum members everyone is incredibly patient & helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back