Mame Gp32

CPS32 was cancelled because people kept thinking it was fake and Pirotic was sick of putting up. Pirotic is now working on the Gigas engine which is a RPG engine for the GP32. Read the interview of Rlyeh on Hookas webpage, it will say info about fMame.

If you can code goto Mirko Roller's site and work on gMAME... Other than that you'll need patience.

It really is borderline as to whether CPS1 is possible on GP32 (Atari ST is lower spec and barely gets 100% speed at 133MHz), and that's leaving aside the fact that SF2 is almost 8 meg when decompressed.

How about getting the Galaga, Ms pac-man, donkey kong, Zaxxon stuff working before all of the Capcom/neogeo stuff that is maybe not even possible? That would be a good start.

I've a had a old pentium 100mhz with 12mb

I could play capcom games at full speed with 'callus' without framskip!!

So i think it's possible to emulate these arcade systems.

Nonetheless i think you'll need frameskip cuz i think the pentium1 processor is more powerful than the arm? (AND the pc has harware acellerated audio and stuff)

Yes, it ran under win95.

And without frameskip, also, the sound was set to 22000hz (could go as low as 12000)

AND the Res was set to 400x300 (Capcom games are mostly 320x200 pixels).

Only thing is, the pc has external (1mb) memory. That's 13megs total.
So the gp32 version would need some kind of chunk rom loading system or a virtual memory sytem to load the larger roms.

What's also interesting: The fastest Amiga and Snes emulator runs dreadfully slow on this p100 system.

Mayb this indicates that the arcade system is LESS cpu intensive then the SNES system is to the gp32??

they are lower spec`d,
Callus and CPS1 hardware were both based on z80 8bit hardware (what drives the zx spectrum but obviously a bit more beefed up) while SNES and ST both have 16 bit processors

Sorry, but thats incorrect... (from http://www.system16.com)

First gen Capcom CPS1 Hardware Info
Main CPU : 68000 @ 10MHz
Sound CPU : Z80 @ 4 MHz
Sound Chips : YM2151 @ 3.579580 MHz, MSM6295 @ 7.576 KHz
Res : 384 x 224
Known games on this hardware : 39

Capcom CPS1 + QSound Hardware Info
Main CPU : 68000 @ 10 MHz
Sound CPU : Z80 @ 6 MHz
Sound Chips : Q Sound @ 4 MHz
Res : 384 x 224
Known games on this hardware : 10

Capcom CPS2 Hardware Info
Main CPU : 68000 @ 11.8 MHz
Sound CPU : Z80 @ 8 MHz
Sound Chips : Q Sound @ 4 MHz
Color Palette : 32 bit
Total On Screen Colors: 4096
Colors per tile : 16 (4 bits per pixel)
Object Number : 900 (16 x 16 pixels)
Scroll Faces : 3
Resolution : 384 x 224
Maximum Rom Capacity : 322 Megabits
Known games on this hardware : 58

Yes it would be possible, but you would need a GP32 with the ram upgraded to 32M, watch this space...

-Craig

www.gbax.com

ARGHHHH

this is the little homo who was trying to scam people in Marketplace

everytime someone caught on to him, he edited his posts to say '..............'

he's probably just joking around

Back