Mame Gp32 1.3 Download !

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New MAME GP32 1.3: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

By TheGrimReaper (thank you for all your hard work!!!):
- Support for 22 vector Atari games: Asteroids (rev 1), Asteroids (rev 2), Asteroids Deluxe (rev 2), Black Widow, Battle Zone, Battle Zone (alternate version), Gravitar, Lunar Lander (rev 1), Lunar Lander (rev 2), Major Havoc (rev 2), Major Havoc (rev 3), Major Havoc (Return to Vax), Quantum (rev 1), Quantum (rev 2), Red Baron, Space Duel, Star Wars, Tempest (rev 1), Tempest (rev 2), Tempest (rev 3), Tempest Tubes, The Empire Strikes Back
- Support for 5 Centipede hardware Atari games: Centipede (rev 2), Centipede (rev 3), Millipede, Qwak (prototype), Warlords
- Support for a new System 1 Atari game: Peter Pack-Rat
- Improvements in the analog controls support
- Sound streaming: Some errors captured to be able to run all games with "Not Emulated" sound option
- Multiplayer improvements
- Small changes in the frontend
- Gauntlet: Improve the display of the game, part of the screen was missing
- Missile Command: Improve the controls by correcting Up/Down and changing the order of the Fire Buttons

By Franxis:
- M6809 and Z80 emulators optimized
- M68000 optimized and the timing has been tricked to gain some speed
- Sound streaming: RC Filter removed to gain speed
- YM2203 emulator: Sound gain and volume corrected in several drivers to be more clear (taken from MAME 0.37)
- Psycho Nicks Oscar & The Real GhostBusters: Added sound (taken from MAME 0.35b1). However there are problems with new joystick controls code and Psycho Nicks Oscar is slowed a lot when a direction in the pad is pressed
- Arkanoid: Controls corrected
- Defender: Change direction with L button
- Emulator compiled with DevKitARM r13. Compilation parameters optimized
- Better control of underclock for normal CPU's and audio CPU's

By TheGrimReaper and Franxis:
- A new option to save the emulator configurations

Download MAME GP32 1.3 (6.3 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.3 (source code) (1.7 Mb)

W.I.P for new MAME GP32 1.4: I have discovered a very important speed optimization but i would have to re-code the video output functions. Also TheGrimReaper is doing a frontend to launch all games from a single executable. Keep tunning...

Just tried this out for the first time and all I have to say is GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!

I can play tempest on my gp32. I am a happy man

Another awesome release.
Great job Franxis and TheGrimReaper!!!

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 10 2005 at 11:51 AM said:
Just tried this out for the first time and all I have to say is GOD BLESS YOU BOTH!

Last edited by a moderator:
As always, excellent work :D. Thankyou Franxis and TheGrimReaper for your continued hard work.

Now looking forward to 1.4 regarding one executable and frontend. Until then, 1.3 will keep me happy.

:)

KidQuaalude posted on Jul 10 2005 at 04:51 PM said:
wow. amazing. i am soooo happy to have tempest running (really well too!) on the gp32! i am stunned!

thank you thank you thank you

triksR4rabits posted on Jul 10 2005 at 04:51 PM said:

I didn't realise Tempest was so popular. I mainly made the changes for the Atari Vector engine to enjoy a bit of nostalgia playing Star Wars on the great GP32.

If you're not happy with the sensitivity of the joystick for Tempest, or other analogue games, then follow these instructions from the whatsnew.txt file...

Analog controls sensitivity can be adjusted for each of the games:
File names: gp:\gpmm\mame034\ROM_NAME.joy
Contents of the files:
x_sensitivity=%d;y_sensitivity=%d;
Where %d must be >=1 and <= 255.

Something I've noticed when selecting "Save Config" or "Save as Default" for Capcom games (tested on Commando, Ghost's n Goblin's and Side Arms) is that the GP32 reboots when you press A. Doesn't seem to occur for Atari Games (i.e Tetris). Haven't tested with any of the others yet.

GA01 posted on Jul 10 2005 at 05:11 PM said:
Something I've noticed when selecting "Save Config" or "Save as Default" for Capcom games (tested on Commando, Ghost's n Goblin's and Side Arms) is that the GP32 reboots when you press A. Doesn't seem to occur for Atari Games (i.e Tetris). Haven't tested with any of the others yet.

Try deleting ALL the .cfg files in GP:\GPMM\MAME034 directory and get rid of the MAME.CFG file in GP:\GPMM, so you're starting off with a "clean installation".

Tell us if that fixes you're problems.

Going from playing Star Wars in a cabinet to playing it on a handheld. Absolutely amazing. Many thanks to Franxis and TheGrimReaper!!!

thegrimreaper posted on Jul 10 2005 at 06:17 PM said:
Try deleting ALL the .cfg files in GP:\GPMM\MAME034 directory and get rid of the MAME.CFG file in GP:\GPMM, so you're starting off with a "clean installation".

Tell us if that fixes you're problems.

Same problem after deleting config files. I thought it may have been caused because I was running fxe's through the GP32 Mame Launcher instead of directly. Having moved the fxe's back to gpmm, I am still haing the problem. Not a major problem for me as the settings are still being applied and saved but I just get a little reboot afterwards :lol:.

WOW! :D

Thank you so very, very³ much to thegrimreaper and Franxis. I'm seriously over-joyed from playing a mere 15 seconds of Tempest .. I just had to stop and post this quick note of thanks for all your hard work!!

Ah, nostalgia .... :lol:

GA01 posted on Jul 10 2005 at 05:11 PM said:

i have checked it and it's true... I'm investigating it... thank you for your report...

am i the only one who's brain is kind of blown by the fact tht these former huge arcade cabinets can now be played on the can, in your hand, powered by two measly AA batteries in a plastic casing??

wild...

Back