Mame Gp2x - Load Fail

Frogboy

Wake me when it's over.
Website
Visit site
I'm running MAME GP2X v4.8 and I am not able to get a large majority of the games that it claims to support to work. I wrote a quick script to read the names of the roms listed and copy them over so I'm fairly confident that I'm not missing any rom sets. I would really like to play Ye Aire Kung Fu and a few others but most of them just give me a Load Failed error and I have no idea why. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need old romsets( from MAME 0.34-0.36). Use the ClrMAME Pro utility to convert the actual romsets to the correct romsets (using the .dat file provided by the emulator). Also the rom names have to be in lower case (linux file names are case sensitive). See the readme.txt !!!.

Franxis said:
You need old romsets( from MAME 0.34-0.36). Use the ClrMAME Pro utility to convert the actual romsets to the correct romsets (using the .dat file provided by the emulator). Also the rom names have to be in lower case (linux file names are case sensitive). See the readme.txt !!!.
Case sensitivity is not a problem. Got that covered but I was unaware of the ClrMAME utility. Thanks! I'm guessing that will solve my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back