Mame Gp2x 4.7

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with the following news:

- Improved again the System 16 driver (MAME 0.36b4):
Several new games are playable (Out Run, Space Harrier, Super Hang-On, Bay Route, etc).
All games have now full sound (Moon Walker, Shadow Dancer, E-Swat, etc).
Several fixes in some games (e.g. Hang-On has no graphic errors now).

- The SEGAPCM, RF5C68 and YM2612 sound cores have been added (required by several System 16 games).

- Modified romsets: MAME 0.36b4: alexkidd, aliensyn, altbeas2, altbeast, astormbl, atomicp, aurail, bodyslam, dduxbl, eswatbl, fantzone, fpointbl, goldnaxa, goldnaxe, hangon, hwchamp, mjleague, moonwlkb, passshtb, quartet, quartet2, riotcity, sdi, shdancer, shdancrj, shinobi, shinobl, tetrisbl, timscanr, tturf, tturfbl, wb3, wb3bl, wrestwar.

- New romsets: MAME 0.36b4: alexkida, aliensya, aliensyb, astorm, auraila, bayrouta, bayroute, bayrtbl1, bayrtbl2, endurob2, endurobl, enduror, eswat, fpoint, goldnabl, goldnaxb, goldnaxc, moonwalk, outrun, outruna, outrunb, passsht, shangon, shangonb, sharrier, shdancbl, shinobia, tetris, wb3a.

- Updated Cyclone M68k core by Notaz. The trace mode and the address error emulation have been added.

- 1202 romsets are now supported!. The ClrMAME DAT has been also updated with the latest romsets.

The download is here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

You're the man Franxis!
Finally able to play Alien Storm in MAME! Woot!

1. Fantastic!

2. Can someone help me out: what's the game on Franxis' page on the right-hand side of the picture for the GP2X mame? The one with the guy holding the axe. It's been bugging me for months.

Line O'Sevens said:
2. Can someone help me out: what's the game on Franxis' page on the right-hand side of the picture for the GP2X mame? The one with the guy holding the axe. It's been bugging me for months.
Tiger Road

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Now I have something to do in the office at work today! :) Looking really forward to playing Outrun and Space Harrier. Also playing some Alien Storm is gonna be quite nice. Works gonna go by fast today haha! Thanks Franxis!

Wow. I've only been on this forum a week or so and this has already been updated twice. Amazing work, can't wait to get to grips with it!

great work as always guys B)

by the way can some 1 make a video of Out Run

.... *shudder*

Anyone tried Quartet/quartet2?

If thats playable, there will be much joy, songs will be sung, beers quaffed, and all my future work delayed indefinately.

Someone let me know so I can cut work early :p

jeff

ed: Franxis as always -- awesome work; its tough to keep at one project for so long. I will have to check out the updated Notaz-hacked core too .. nice one guys! :)

Thanks Franxis and Notaz Superman works again, but why is the game slower now? :blink:

:lol: AWESOME release FRANXIS thank you very much.

I wait KICK AND RUN (MEXICO 86) the next release can you add this game?

To fix GET STAR (wrongs colors)
Add LEGEND OF KAGE, and HAUNTED CASLTE with SUPER CONTRA?
MOMOKO 120% ?
I love those SIX games.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

WOW!! Outrun full speed!! I'm playing Outrun the arcade game in my hands!!! *tears of joy runs down face*

Fantastic work! This is the icing on the cake!

All I can say is keep on squeezing all you can out of Mame for the GP2X.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

darkman said:
WOW!! Outrun full speed!!

Hmmm, isn't full speed on mine. It is if I turn the sound off though, which is OK by me. Well done Franxis.

Had to rename the rom files myself though :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back