Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
07-05-2006:

New MAME GP2X 2.3 (A.K.A MAME4ALL Alpha 2):
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- Bugs in previous MAME GP2X 2.2 solved:
Bug in the sound with some games (Bomb Jack, Pinball Action, etc).
Bug with games with I8085 processor (Phoenix runs with sound again).
Screen centering in the not scaled + rotated video mode.
- Some changes from MAME GP32 2.0 and 2.1 by Slaanesh:
New playable games: Robocop, Hippodrome.
Sound improvements: Sly Spy, Midnight Resistance, Dark Seal, Juno First.
Control Improvements: Midnight Resistance, Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, Defender.
Optimizations: Galaga.
Other improvements: Time Pilot, Pooyan, Tutankham, Gyruss.
- Modified romset (MAME 0.35b5): Sly Spy (revision 3) (slyspy)
- Support for 3 new romsets (MAME 0.35b5):
Boulderdash / Boulderdash Part 2 (bouldash), Sly Spy (revision 2) (slyspy2), Gate Of Doom (revision 4) (gatedoma)
- NOTE: The sound quality is worse in some games (CPS1, Neo·Geo, etc) due to the optimizations done in sound cores.
To disable those hacks and get the same sound quality than in previous MAME GP2X versions, select "ACCURATE" sound option.

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (www.gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net), Craig (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, SBock, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor.

Nice controls for Midnight Resistance and Ikari Warriors. Two of my favourite games.
Thanks, Franxis !

WOW!! Wish this was posted in the News forum, I would have approved it right away ...

Thanks once again for all your hard work :)

Just wondering, because I don't know. If you can change the clock speed and frame skip in MAME. Is it not possible to MAX safe values, and it clock down and up on demand. Or is the whole thing just stupid.

DaviL posted on May 8 2006 at 09:50 PM said:
Hi, great job
Any chance to have save state in the future ?
Franxis have said that is not possible due to the diferente emulated hardware in MAME but if some one is interested to do the suff for alll of the hardware he can help him ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great speed and gameplay improvements in my bench game, Varth.
The game is really playable now.
I'll try other games later.

Thanks Franxis !

melime posted on May 9 2006 at 08:11 AM said:
thx :D

is it possible to get Rampart :D in Mame for Gp2x ? :rolleyes:

That would be excellent, but in the meantime don't forget the Lynx version of Rampart - it was designed for a handheld in the first place so I reckon it is actually more playable...

fragglerok posted on May 9 2006 at 08:28 AM said:
anyone know if super punchout and trojan are working yet?

Trojan: With standard executable, video 100%, audio 100% -> IT RUNS!

Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 10:36 AM said:

Must be a bad dump that i have then, game starts shows the little mission thing then goes back to the title screen

I get random crashes when I try to get back to the menu :(
In previous versions it was OK
Also in 'Disks of Tron' the streching creates garbage on the bottom of the screen.
Other than these all is well :)

Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 09:36 AM said:

tix posted on May 9 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
Also in 'Disks of Tron' the streching creates garbage on the bottom of the screen.
Other than these all is well :)
I also get random garbage for Gauntlet at the side of the screen when I am in stretched mode.
Gauntlet horizontal resolution is a little bit > 320, so that must be the problem?

Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 07:15 PM said:
Franxis posted on May 9 2006 at 09:36 AM said:

tried a different rom set and get the same thing starts ok, when you run the game it gets as far as the starting mission then back to the title screen

I have to say I tried this last night and some of the Neo-Geo stuff is looking particularly good.

Puzzle Bobble clocked to 250 is flawless.

Turf Masters Golf is very swish and some of the shooters are lovely to look at too.

Many thanks for this it just keeps getting better and better.

Back