Mame/amiga/atari 4 Dingoo Eta?

Ahh, completely forgot mame roms were split up like that, obviously that makes it a whole lot harder, hope your idea works out then

PolloLoco said:
Thanks Slaanesh! This emulator was the primary reason I got the Dingoo. I haven't been able to install it - since I don't have a linux computer to create the mini-SD yet. I might have to set it up on a friend's PC.

Could someone try any of the following games and tell me how they run or if they do? Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Altered Beast, Narc, Splatterhouse, The Simpsons?

I finally got a chance to install Dingux last night and answer my own question. In case anyone's curious:

Contra - Runs great, but lower part of the screen is cut off - later levels may be unplayable.
Ninja Gaiden - Runs great, no issues.
Altered Beast - Wasn't able to find a rom that works.
Narc - Wasn't able to find a rom that works.
Splatterhouse - Runs a bit slow, but playable.
The Simpsons - Runs GREAT! I was quite surprised.
Smash TV - Runs Great but a tad slow, small parts of the screen cut off to left and top.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Runs great.
Golden Axe - Runs great.

Based on the complaints - I was quite impressed when I finally tried Dingoo Mame. If we can just get more speed, I'll be overjoyed. I hope Dr. Z80 can be ported to work for mips processors.

Last edited by a moderator:
PolloLoco said:
PolloLoco said:
Thanks Slaanesh! This emulator was the primary reason I got the Dingoo. I haven't been able to install it - since I don't have a linux computer to create the mini-SD yet. I might have to set it up on a friend's PC.

Could someone try any of the following games and tell me how they run or if they do? Ninja Gaiden, Contra, Altered Beast, Narc, Splatterhouse, The Simpsons?

I finally got a chance to install Dingux last night and answer my own question. In case anyone's curious:

Contra - Runs great, but lower part of the screen is cut off - later levels may be unplayable.
Smash TV - Runs Great but a tad slow, small parts of the screen cut off to left and top.
Golden Axe - Runs great.

Based on the complaints - I was quite impressed when I finally tried Dingoo Mame. If we can just get more speed, I'll be overjoyed. I hope Dr. Z80 can be ported to work for mips processors.

i got the opposite, the first altered beast rom i tried worked but ive tried various simpsons and turtles roms with no luck, i always get the message about certain .bin files being missing, overall though im really impressed with the mame4all emu so far, nice work slaanesh.

PolloLoco said:
PolloLoco said:

Golden Axe - Runs great.

For portrait aspect games like Contra, try using Video Aspect = Rotated.
Yes, some games run slower but there isn't a single scrap of assembler in that initial release so it's doing okay for what it is.

craigix said:
I'm going to put some serious effort in to the Dingoo from next week, so you should start hearing things then.

If you like, send me a dingoo and I'll bring outcast onto it.. should be pretty easy I'd imagine.

That said, my life has been absolute work-hell for a few months, but in about 2 weeks I'm looking forward to some normalacy and vacation time, woowoo! I've not had time for homebrewin' in a couple months, and it hurts my soul! Back to libpnd :)

jeff

slaanesh said:
PolloLoco said:
PolloLoco said:

Golden Axe - Runs great.

For portrait aspect games like Contra, try using Video Aspect = Rotated.
Yes, some games run slower but there isn't a single scrap of assembler in that initial release so it's doing okay for what it is.

Wow, no assembler? That's hard to believe. It's already faster and has more compatibility than the other two handhelds I've tried versions of MAME on: My 624mhz (oc'ed) PDA phone, and my Sony PSP.

skeezix said:
craigix said:
I'm going to put some serious effort in to the Dingoo from next week, so you should start hearing things then.

If you like, send me a dingoo and I'll bring outcast onto it.. should be pretty easy I'd imagine.

That said, my life has been absolute work-hell for a few months, but in about 2 weeks I'm looking forward to some normalacy and vacation time, woowoo! I've not had time for homebrewin' in a couple months, and it hurts my soul! Back to libpnd :)

jeff

cragix seems distracted from dingoo atm

cyberic99 at the A320 freeforums got a qemu VM set up so that he could run Dingoo apps that way. Maybe try that till you get one?

I have an odd question that I may find the answer to myself soon - but can the Dingoo charge while playing MAME?

I'm playing one of the toughest, most frustrating games I've ever tried to enjoy - Ninja Gaiden - and in lieu of save states, I've put my game on pause while at work. It's connected to a charger - but I'm not sure if it's actually getting the juice. If no one replies, I guess I'll find out once my Dingoo shuts off.

quadomatic said:
skeezix said:
craigix said:

jeff

cragix seems distracted from dingoo atm

cyberic99 at the A320 freeforums got a qemu VM set up so that he could run Dingoo apps that way. Maybe try that till you get one?

I figure I'm not 'desparate' to dev for the machine, that I'd go that far out of my way; I've got plenty to do. Its a lot easier to motivate when theres a shiny new machine in front of you :)

jeff

Back