Memory Gp2x V1.0

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
I have released my latest game Memory to the GP2X originally made for the GP32. Memory is based on the classic tile matching game. You need to flip over 2 of the 24 tiles and try to match them. When they are matched they remain flipped. If the tiles do not match then the 2 tiles will flip back over. The game is complete when all the tiles are matched.

Features:
- 9 tile sets
- Normal, Time Trial and Challenge modes
- Customise nearly the entire game, gfx and sfx

You can download this release from GP2X Archive here

Any feedback is much appreciated even if its just to say you like or dont like the game :)

memory-gp2x.png

I cannot get your games(Bunnytrap & memory) to run GF...

I tried differ, combos like extract everthing to the root w/o folder than the .gpe in Games folder.
Then w/ folder in root, .gpe in Games folder.
Then all files w/ .gpe in same folder.Run it from anywhere and/or in Games folder...
All I get is a hanging blackscreen....

the /memory/ folder has to be in a sub folder that the Memory.gpe is stored in. for example

E:\Memory.gpe would be e:\memory\
or
E:\games\Memory.gpe would be e:\games\memory\

having something like e:\games\memory.gpe and e:\memory\ wont work as the game looks for a subfolder

the problem is down to the speed of the game, its actually running slower than it is supposed to be, partly because its drawing a background with 24 tiles every frame and also playing an OGG file + sfx. so its bogging the speed down a bit, i havent checked but try disabling the music which might speed things up. i didnt have enough time to try and speed things up before the release the other day but I will have a look tomorrow and see what i can do, its more likely my bad coding skills than anything else :)

miq01 also had a similar problem with his game where alot of stuff was being drawn on the screen at once. he fixed it by using a new build of SDL which has some hardware acceleration (see here) and the game has nearly quadrupled in speed! unfortunately I cant use this SDL build yet as its not compiled for the version of GCC i am using but as soon as it is I will release a new build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back