Release Gnome Games

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
GNOME Games is a collection of sixteen small "five-minute" games in a variety of styles and genres.

Web : http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGames/
PND : http://sebt3.openpandora.org/pnd/gnomegames.pnd
FileArchive : http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,37,221

Included :
- Aisleriot: A compilation of over eighty different solitaire card games. Everything from favorites like Freecell and Klondike through to the hopelessly pointless Clock Patience
- Mahjongg: A tile-based solitaire game with an oriental flavor. Remove tiles in matching pairs to dismantle elaborately designed stacks.
- Mines: The popular logic puzzle minesweeper. Find mines on a grid using hints from squares you have already cleared.
- Nibbles: Pilot a worm around a maze trying to collect diamonds and at the same time avoiding the walls and yourself. With each diamond your worm grows longer and navigation becomes more and more difficult. Playable by up to four people.
- Five or more: Move balls around the grid and try and form lines. Once you form five in a row, the line disappears. Unfortunately more balls keep dropping in.
- Robots: The classic game where you have to avoid a hoard of robots who are trying to kill you. Each step you take brings them closer toward you. Fortunately they aren't very smart and you also have a helpful teleportation gadget.
- Gnometris: The Russian game of falling geometric shapes. Need I say more ?
- Tali: Sort of poker with dice and less money. An ancient Roman game, this variant is similar to Yahtzee ®.
- Iagno: The GNOME version of Reversi. The goal is to control the most disks on the board.
- Tetravex: A puzzle game where you have to match a grid of tiles together. The skill level ranges from the simple two by two up to the seriously mind-bending six by six grid.
- Klotski: A series of sliding block puzzles. Try and solve them in the least number of moves.

Excluded:
- GLChess, Sudoku : depend on pkgtk and i'm not allowed to work on pygtk before pyqt ( :) )
- Same GNOME : depend on glib-introspection and a JS interpreter
- Four-in-a-row : segfault for unknown reason

Nice work with the port but there's no way I'll be installing this. It contains too many of the games that Windows users know and love and my Pandora would be yanked out of my hand in a heart beat by my mum :(

Then again.. that's the good thing about being able to install programs on SD card. I can always hide it after I've finished playing ;)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Nice work with the port but there's no way I'll be installing this. It contains too many of the games that Windows users know and love and my Pandora would be yanked out of my hand in a heart beat by my mum :(

Haha, yeah, true. That's the kind of games that lead to your mom / girlfriend take away your Pandora to play :D

Last edited:
Awesome, I had been waiting for someone to port this. Don't suppose you could give Blackjack a go could you? I'm still trying to work out why it was taken out of the GNOME Games meta-package. Thanks.

Dead1nside said:
Awesome, I had been waiting for someone to port this. Don't suppose you could give Blackjack a go could you? I'm still trying to work out why it was taken out of the GNOME Games meta-package. Thanks.
I've done many packages theses days... I'll pass. But you have everything needed to build it with the content of this PND (yep includes, pkg-config, litools configs are in, same goes with my others PND). If you need help, just ask, I'm around the corner ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solitaire is a bit hard to play; when you click on the cards, it doesn't always recognize the click (or it does, but for too brief a time... I'm not quite sure what's going on).

I don't suppose you could map left/right clicks to A/B, could you? ScummVM does it and I find it so much more comfortable.

The solitaire from this pack is probably the game I play the most on my pandora.
Set it full screen, and play with your finger ;) (oh and close it with alt-fn-4)

sebt3 said:
The solitaire from this pack is probably the game I play the most on my pandora.
Set it full screen, and play with your finger ;) (oh and close it with alt-fn-4)
Yeah same here (I find it easy to control)- I'm addicted to solitaire on the Pandora - Thanks for porting this Sebt3!

sebt3 said:
I don't want to smudge up my screen... maybe mapping left/right clicks to A/B is something that I could do in XFCE - would it then be the same in the game?

Since recently these games don't work for me anymore.

If I run the pnd_run from the terminal it gives failed at the starting the application ive tried for all subgames and it gives the same...

Starting application ( scripts/sol.sh ) [FAILED]

Is there a way to only mount the pnd without running so I can manually try some stuff?

Okay managed to mount and now i see the Sol.sh tries to reference a wrong directory. Gnomegames insteed of gnomegames-12534 or something like that. So that might be fixable.

I wonder if the servers have been turned off. I mean it's a long time since anyone was using Angstrom in anger.

FWIW there should be a config file in /etc I'd expect. That'll probably tell you where it's looking. It might be called opkg.conf or something like that.

Okay, it might just not ever been packaged up for angstrom. I think now you're limited to finding a build of libtdb for 32-bit ARMs and putting that somewhere in the appdata, or perhaps sebt3 will be along shortly to sort it out.

Back