Pandora Maemo Platform On Pandora?

In UI style, mamona is different to maemo, because it uses enlightenment other than hildon/matchbox, which makes mamona much more like a full fuctional desktop just as gnome.
mamona is a good open source maemo alternative targets on screen no smaller than 800x600, As you can see mamona has resizeable windows, windows arrangment manegement, multi-desktops, gnome style panel/taskbar, 3Button mouse support and so on.

Both mamona and maemo depends on some close source packages, which implement cell phone class power management and Codec/WiFI, are important to a handheld device like Pandora and N8x0. Anyway, as Pupnik mentioned, there are a lot of things we can easily borrow from.

All of open source maemo packages can be built for Pandora without effort, except which depend heavily on N8x0 and armv6. Also we can use xserver-kdrive (genenral framebuffer version) to get Xorg work easily, although wasting the hw graphic power temporally.

yes its definitely possible .. i`ve ported the nokia ITos to two arm systems and it wasn`t too complicated.
but even if it would be a nice design and so on... i think any other linux would offer more possibilities for use and to take over the design is no problem at all

;)

It's been ported to the OMAP3 for months, it is what TI demoed back in March, I think there is a video of it online.

Back