Accessories
TV OUT £13.72
CARRY CASE £13.72
BATTERY £19.88
POWER ADAPTOR £6.30
Stylus £4.38
Dev Fund £10

Special Delivery shipping £7.20 (UK)

Does that £266.20 include those accessories (TV out, case etc) or is that optional that will be extra? I think it's extra, but it's not totally clear.

Thanks. I'll probably think of more questions in my excitment.

Oh, I just thought of another one! If I don't pay immediatly (I'm on holiday ATM, can't get home for a few more days) will my lucky potential pre-order get taken by someone else?

The accessories are optional extras. I'm afraid I don't know what happens if you don't pay immediately, though. :p

As for the accessories, yes you have to pay extra for that. The Pandora comes with the Pandora itself, a power cable, and a battery stock. All the accessories listed are either extras or optional that you DO have to pay for.

As for paying for it, do it ASAP, but I don't know the time frame off hand.

Also, if you're not from the UK, expect to pay more than that due to exchange rates.

EDIT! Ninja'd by Prometheus.. AGH!

Definately go with the special delivery options - you know you will get next day provided no more postal strikes and its insured

Going with normal recorded delivery is a gamble sometimes you get a knock on the door and they ask for a signatures, other times you get just posted whilst at others it may never arrive

Dont take the risk

Do you really need all those extras wont a case and tv out cable suffice - the battery is expected to last around 10 hours plus - so unless your doing some serious trekking go with one battery - sending some dosh to the devs is a must - it funds extra projects which otherwise may have little chance of happening

MrBlais said:
As for the accessories, yes you have to pay extra for that. The Pandora comes with the Pandora itself, a power cable, and a battery stock. All the accessories listed are either extras or optional that you DO have to pay for.

As for paying for it, do it ASAP, but I don't know the time frame off hand.

Also, if you're not from the UK, expect to pay more than that due to exchange rates.

EDIT! Ninja'd by Prometheus.. AGH!

I'm pretty sure that it comes with a stylus as well, but for those that tend to lose such things it might be good to buy an extra and stash it away somewhere safe! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Sucks to be from the UK at the moment I guess :( Going to be quite expensive! Looks like I'll be getting smaller capacity SD cards than I had hoped for :p

Tokiopop said:
Oh, I just thought of another one! If I don't pay immediatly (I'm on holiday ATM, can't get home for a few more days) will my lucky potential pre-order get taken by someone else?

Took me six days to pay. I ordered 11 Days, 12 Hours, 55 Minutes, 31 Seconds ago. I don't know if this time frame would chage based on how many are left.

I sent an email to gbax last week, got a reply a couple days ago and responded, now i'm waiting for a google checkout link or something of the sort. I hope i'm not too late for the first batch, but either way i'm excited.

Tokiopop said:
Thanks guys!

Sucks to be from the UK at the moment I guess :( Going to be quite expensive! Looks like I'll be getting smaller capacity SD cards than I had hoped for :p
Although the ship date is so far seeming to be quite close, I'd hold off on buying cards until Craigix or someone posts telling us they've started shipping. Who knows, maybe the prices will drop a few bucks. :)

Mofokubik said:
I sent an email to gbax last week, got a reply a couple days ago and responded, now i'm waiting for a google checkout link or something of the sort. I hope i'm not too late for the first batch, but either way i'm excited.

craig said a day or two ago that they were adding 50 more pandoras available to be pre-ordered so you should still be good to go

Tokiopop said:
Well, I got an email back.

UK GBP PRICE

Pandora £266.20 (includes VAT)

Accessories
TV OUT £13.72
CARRY CASE £13.72
BATTERY £19.88
POWER ADAPTOR £6.30
Stylus £4.38
Dev Fund £10

Special Delivery shipping £7.20 (UK)

Does that £266.20 include those accessories (TV out, case etc) or is that optional that will be extra? I think it's extra, but it's not totally clear.

Thanks. I'll probably think of more questions in my excitment.

40 pounds for stuff (case, tv-out, power and stylus)that ought to come with it anyway, especially for $330.

christo930 said:
40 pounds for stuff (case, tv-out, power and stylus)that ought to come with it anyway, especially for $330.

You do get the stylus and power with it. As for the TV out and carry case, what precedent would you cite for that ... "interesting" little comment?

wow are you kidding me £266? I don't know why or where I read this but I always assumed it was going to be more like £200.

christo930 said:

Wow, you obviously didn't pay the equivalent of 470.850 USD that I did, being in the UK.

(That was with VAT and a TV cable)

Loonie said:
christo930 said:

You do get the stylus and power with it. As for the TV out and carry case, what precedent would you cite for that ... "interesting" little comment?

The Dingoo comes with the tv out cable and the gp2x came with a nice soft velvet carrying bag... It is kind of on the high end, actually the most expensive portable game system I know of, I just thought it would come with it, or at least be a little more reasonable (for the accessories).

Oh dear.

My phone seems to have deleted everything in the spam folder, and there was a new message in there (Pandora emails are being sent to spam for some reason). That might have been the reply with my order number, should I forward my message back to them again? It might not have been an email from them, but I don't want to take the risk.

Edit: Never mind, it was spam! Just got the Google Checkout email now :D

How does this ordering really works, I got an order number and am sure that I payed for my order last week.

I did not receive any kind of confirmation after I payed. I did not use google checkout but bank transfer.

After mailing I got a reply that they received my payment but that is it.

TomVS said:
How does this ordering really works, I got an order number and am sure that I payed for my order last week.

I did not receive any kind of confirmation after I payed. I did not use google checkout but bank transfer.

You've got an order number, and an email that they received your payment. What more confirmation do you need?

WizardStan said:
TomVS said:

You've got an order number, and an email that they received your payment. What more confirmation do you need?

I guess you are right... The fact remains that given the uncertain nature of the product, the sellers can do a little more to assure you. I had to ask myself if everything was in order. More than 300 euros is a lot of money !

Back