Littlegptracker V0.32a

M-.-n

Website
discodirt.10pm.org
I'm proud to release a new version of littlegptracker for GP2X,GP32 & W32. This version, 0.32a, adds a couple of nice features, especially multi project selection at startup (allows to switch between projects without the need of a computer to rename files) and a very nice dirty low pass filter, courtesy of Samson-Guillemette of the northern dragons. Full feature list follows.

Grab the update on the home page http://www.10pm.org/nostromo/lgpt/

and remember to check the quick start guide at the wiki:

http://mp3death.us/lgpt/doku.php?id=lgpt:quick_start_guide

Enjoy new oink'in !

M-.-n posted on Sep 13 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
a very nice dirty low pass filter, courtesy of Samson-Guillemette of the northern dragons.

this filter is absolutely killer ... it's not the same as a SID but it DOES sound absolutely alive!

big ups to bo and big ups to marc for the new version!

Last edited by a moderator:
i spent two hours last night jamming away with the little piggy and it is indeed a great load of fun .. thanks marc for a wonderful way to waste time! ;)

torpor posted on Sep 14 2006 at 11:55 AM said:
i spent two hours last night jamming away with the little piggy and it is indeed a great load of fun .. thanks marc for a wonderful way to waste time! ;)

Haha.. thanks J.

Since when doing music is a waste of time ? ;)

M-.-n posted on Sep 14 2006 at 10:10 AM said:
Since when doing music is a waste of time ? ;)

since i should have been asleep instead .. man i'm tired today, and its all piggy's fault!! :)

I have a question:

How exactly do I get to invoke the selection menu on startup?

I put in several saves (that all have 'music' in them) in the lgpt folder, where the default save is as well. they are all following the 8.3 format, 8.dat. I tried all lowercase characters. I tried capitalizing all the letters, I tried separate folders and different parts of the lgpt root folder, even put copies of them in my sample folder. The absolute path to my lgpt folder is /mnt/sd/Music/lgpt. I tried looking for instructions, but no luck because it's so deliciously homebrew. No success so far. Does it work for anyone??
Thanks for all the work guys!

Edit
I JUST FOUND THE ANSWER. There wasn't really an explicit explanation on how to use it, but it doesn't matter. I'm not begging for customer support. I found the answer on the mailing list:

Re: [littlegptracker] Re: V0.32a

inside the folder you have lgpt in... ie...
\piggy
you will have \lgpt in that which will have \smaples & save file

so if you have \lgpt1 and
\lgpt2
it will give you the option of which to start with on load

k?

----- Original Message -----
> I am not getting the option to do this at startup on the win build...
> is there something I am missing?

anyway. this is awesome!

ThaiGrocer posted on Sep 15 2006 at 12:23 AM said:
I have a question: How exactly do I get to invoke the selection menu on startup?

... I tried looking for instructions, but no luck because it's so deliciously homebrew.

uhg, i now realize the reference manual is woefully out of date ... will comb over it when i find a minute this weekend, thanks for the reminder!

Peter Swimm posted on Sep 16 2006 at 02:48 AM said:
ok I got my first paycheck from the p2p based startup I now do support for.. and am buying and gp2x. What would it take to get it running midi out of the box, like that dude firestarter does?

It takes a little chip. Firestarter is looking at it at the moment so I'd say, post this on the list rather than the board, coz Fire ain't here !

M-.-n posted on Sep 16 2006 at 10:45 AM said:
Peter Swimm posted on Sep 16 2006 at 02:48 AM said:
ok I got my first paycheck from the p2p based startup I now do support for.. and am buying and gp2x. What would it take to get it running midi out of the box, like that dude firestarter does?

It takes a little chip. Firestarter is looking at it at the moment so I'd say, post this on the list rather than the board, coz Fire ain't here !

Of course, fire is here!!!

A bit late for this now, but anyway.
I will release the midi-interface for Midi-Out within the next days. It's a very little circuit with a uController connected to the Gp2X Ext port. At the moment it supports only Midi-Out but Midi-In will be included aswell.

It would also be interesting for all other music applications on the gp2x since they could use it aswell very easy.

firestARTer :)

http://www.firestarter-music.de
http://www.myspace.com/firestartermusic

starpause posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:50 PM said:
wikipedia knows about trackers

in short trackers are the Present, Past, and Future of music editing software :)

Shikaku posted on Oct 26 2006 at 01:54 PM said:
Tracker=music sheets for computers but on crack, more or less. I used to fiddle around with these about 3 years ago...

Very informative Ty both :)

Back