Littlegptracker Alpha Version

M-.-n

Website
discodirt.10pm.org
Hi there,

I feel confident enough with the 2x version to release an Alpha. It should match the last ghetto build for GP32 in terms of functionalities. The only thing not present is the joystick repeat, I'll get down to that soon. If you guys feel like trying that:

http://www.10pm.org/nostromo/lgpt/ghetto/install_gp2x.zip

There's a very scarce documentation, especially for people that are not familiar with LSDj.

Some additional information on the Wiki: http://mp3death.us/lgpt/doku.php which is going to be the main doc source in the future. It would be nice to get feedback from total novice as what basic doc should be added.

Question, Answers & Feedback: nostromo[attt]10pm.org or the lgpt mailing list: littlegptracker@yahoogroups.com

Happy piggying !
Marc.

Boy, oh boy !
I was waiting this one !
Just test this one out right now !
Thank you M-.-n.

EDIT : I can't download it from your link... I tried on the lpt website, but it give me an error message... sad sad

This alpha have a strange behavior on my unit.
The software isn't loading everytime I run it. It gave me several black screens (boosted or not).
I managed to have it running 3 times, then it froze when I tried to play my song.
I have reseted the Gp2x... Running LPGT... Black screen again.

virusx posted on May 18 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
This alpha have a strange behavior on my unit.
The software isn't loading everytime I run it. It gave me several black screens (boosted or not).
I managed to have it running 3 times, then it froze when I tried to play my song.
I have reseted the Gp2x... Running LPGT... Black screen again.

Get back to me with the FW u'r using and stuff.. I seriously recommand 2.0 coz it runs a lot smoothly since then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very exciting project....

I installed the tracker on my gp2x and used the sample banks suggested in the online manual

I can´t get the program to play anything. Everything I press the start button on my gp2x the software freezes....

Some ideas?

Hope this software kicks off great stuff (if I can get it to work)
btw I use frimware 2.0

TomVS posted on May 20 2006 at 01:34 PM said:
I can´t get the program to play anything. Everything I press the start button on my gp2x the software freezes....

Some ideas?

Yeah... there is a bug with uninitialized project I have to track down. The work around is the following:

Start LGPT. Create a pattern. Don't start it !
Go to the project screen. Save. Reboot. Restart LGPT (who will now load the saved project) and now the unit should not freeze anymore. TRy it and let me know if it works.

piggy!

i just started making stuff w/ this gp2x version, but if you want to hear some rocking out i did on the gp32 version, hit the encode format of your choice (it's a 30 minute live set):

http://mp3death.us/mor/easterAtTheNomad/02...Nomad060416.mp3

http://mp3death.us/mor/easterAtTheNomad/02...Nomad060416.ogg

<3<3<3<3<3

and if you want to download the save and samples i was playing in that set, and mess around with it yourself, i have a .zip of my project uploaded:

http://mp3death.us/advance/index.php?title=lgpt_prenomad

much love!

I used the save...restart.... method as suggested....
My gp2x does not freeze anymore but I did not have the time to check it further...

I can't get this to work at all. All I get is a black screen as soon as I start the program then I have to reset my GP2X. I'm using FW 2.0 so can anyone help please.

Can u access your unit via telnet ? If you can, try the following:

> connect to your unit using telnet.
> start LGPT using the command line ./lgpt.gpe

if u get a permission problem, do chmod +x lgpt.gpe & try again
if u see any log, send it to me.

Cheers
Marc

once in a while i'll get a permenant black screen but after rebooting the gp2x piggy will load normally. that is, when i launch piggy its a black screen for a second or two but then piggy comes up as a white screen and starts loading samples.

using the sample pack i linked to above, piggy will freeze up when i press play on any of the rows. if anyone wants to use the samples and forget the pattern data, delete the LGPTSAV.DAT and start from scratch.

I can select sounds and set notes but when I hit play nothing happens at all, it keeps standing at 000% and I have not heard a single sound through my 2x speakers yet ;)

Looks promising tho for future releases, yay.

"SunSpire"

SunSpire posted on May 21 2006 at 09:27 PM said:
I can select sounds and set notes but when I hit play nothing happens at all, it keeps standing at 000% and I have not heard a single sound through my 2x speakers yet ;)

Can you please do the following:

1) Download the archive here

http://discodirt.10pm.org/temp/2x_radias.zip

it contains a 'song' and some samples from my 2x

2) unzip the lgpt directory on your SD, making sure u preserve the correct directory structure etc

3) boot LGPT. You should see the following screen if u extracted the data correctly:

2x_radias.jpg

4) press start & tell me if u hear something. The CPU level is not wired yet, so it will remain at 000% but the clock underneath should tick.

please note u have to be on a row with data when u press start. If u don't the sequencer will try to queue empty rows and therefore do nothing :)

Let me know the outcome
Marc

I still have random black screens with this song on a freshly unpacked LGPT.
I'll test it more today.

can't wait to have this little piggy to work !

virusx posted on May 22 2006 at 10:34 AM said:
I still have random black screens with this song on a freshly unpacked LGPT.
I'll test it more today.

can't wait to have this little piggy to work !

By random black screen, you mean the app does not boot properly everytime ?
Does it boot at all ?

downloaded the 2x radias.zip file and installed it on my gp2x...

The tracker produced sound for the first time but the programs hangs after about 5 seconds over and over again.

The quality of the the produced sound is excellent however so please hang on to this promising project....

Back