Little John Resurrection

PSyMastR posted on Feb 7 2006 at 03:31 PM said:
Pffft. Ryleh disappeared from the face of this site. Forget Fday at its over.
What at you never checked his site?
http://www.emulnation.info/retrodev/
Fourth post down

LittleJohn will be fantastic though considering the quality of the NES and SNES emus.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I should add DaveC to the ignore list. But just to clarify things... LJP has:

- A *better* NES emulator than the original onefor the GP32. Not that the GP2X needs it though.
- A great SNES emulator which is great but probably not a match to SquidgeSNES (or whatever the name is, I can't remember :p)
- A good (and yes, fast) WS emulator, just no sound currently
- A reasonable NGP emulator, which is slow unfortunately due to the NGP hardware being a hard one to emulate
- A perfect SMS and GG emulator
- A framework encapsulating all of the modules in a single, easy interface.
- Zipped roms. Savestates (multiple slots). SRAM. Per-game settings. Manual configuring of the rom path. Pretty 2x scalers. Extensive sound/video/misc configuring. ASM code for blitting/SNES and Genesis CPU cores.
- Stuff I forgot to mention :)

It is cool if it happens but honestly F-day will blow that away, and sooner...
Don't forget to give me a call when F-day happens, assuming I, we, and the GP2X are still alive by then.

Man the way some people post you would think these devs are on the payroll to the GP2X community.
All these releases left and right and one dev who has been pivotal in this very young scene has a little break and you assume he has given up.
Give it a rest please.

Yes, these emus are all given for free. We should never forget that! We can donate what we can, but I bet none of our treasured Devs sits there and thinks, "How much money can I make with this?"

So patience.

lubidog posted on Mar 9 2006 at 04:15 AM said:
Yes, these emus are all given for free. We should never forget that! We can donate what we can, but I bet none of our treasured Devs sits there and thinks, "How much money can I make with this?"

So patience.

*Cough GP2PSX COUGH COUGH*

Shikaku posted on Mar 9 2006 at 11:40 AM said:
lubidog posted on Mar 9 2006 at 04:15 AM said:

So patience.

*Cough GP2PSX COUGH COUGH*
Hm? I don't get it.

Well, GP2PSX is being worked on a lot for two main reasons: one is the author's will to make it run great, and the other is the massive donations he's getting. Not that he's doing it * FOR * the money, but it is always good to have some and that makes us feel better working on stuff :)

Tinnus posted on Mar 8 2006 at 12:51 AM said:
I think I should add DaveC to the ignore list. But just to clarify things... LJP has:

- A *better* NES emulator than the original onefor the GP32. Not that the GP2X needs it though.
- A great SNES emulator which is great but probably not a match to SquidgeSNES (or whatever the name is, I can't remember :p)
- A good (and yes, fast) WS emulator, just no sound currently
- A reasonable NGP emulator, which is slow unfortunately due to the NGP hardware being a hard one to emulate
- A perfect SMS and GG emulator
- A framework encapsulating all of the modules in a single, easy interface.
- Zipped roms. Savestates (multiple slots). SRAM. Per-game settings. Manual configuring of the rom path. Pretty 2x scalers. Extensive sound/video/misc configuring. ASM code for blitting/SNES and Genesis CPU cores.
- Stuff I forgot to mention :)

It is cool if it happens but honestly F-day will blow that away, and sooner...
Don't forget to give me a call when F-day happens, assuming I, we, and the GP2X are still alive by then.

These all in one emu suites are ok but have some dissadvantages. The file size is much bigger and the interface isn't as clean as when each emu has it's own executable. It would be nice to have in separate modules so you can just put the emus that you use on the card. For example I would not use NGP because of the slow speed or the WS because of the lack of sound, or the megadrive because DrMD is better. The modules that would be of the most interest now are GG/SMS, Snes if it is better than Squidges, and NES. It would be nice to be able to just pick those out and put onto the card.

Back