Little Big Adventure

BraveBruce

Still Fresh
I believe Babbagemachine was working on a port of Little Big Adventure (a.k.a. 'LBA'), but the topic, well, it died!

According to the topic the game doesn't use OpenGL or have any other major obstacles.

Also, we now know that much more about hardware scalars and Polynesian bookbinding, so, what about taking another bash at it?

Indeed! I second this opinion. Twinsen was a lovable little fellow, and to have him trot around my 2X would be magical. I'd die of happiness, thus resulting in never actually playing the game.

Bury me with it.

In any case, it'd be better than the explosive heart attack that would ensue if Relentless: Twinsen's Odyssey was announced...but, luckily, it hasn't.

Both of those games are amazingly great adventures. However, they're both configured to run at 640x480 and would likely not be functional at lower resolutions, scaled zoomed or otherwise

markiej said:
Both of those games are amazingly great adventures. However, they're both configured to run at 640x480 and would likely not be functional at lower resolutions, scaled zoomed or otherwise
Why would it not be playable? A direct pixel resize from 640x480 to 320x240 looks fine, and should be managable?

lba3202402ts.png

I would love to see Little Big Adventure on the GP2X

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind the rescaling: surely there's no source available for LBA 1 or 2. Has anyone tried to run it in DODBox? (I know I could barely get it to run on DOS...)

I played this game when it first came out, I didn't think it was a good game even then, although the tune is nice. If the game was ported to the GP2x I would imagine everything would be too small to be useful on the screen.

Back