List Your Consoles.

finty101 posted on May 9 2004 at 12:30 PM said:
well im 14, but i havent really been collecting, just buying things that look good. my first console was the sega saturn but id been playin my cousins mega drive and snes for years before that.
yeah...i wanted a saturn sooo badly when i was little...but then at christmas time my uncle bought us a playstation (when it had first come out...)...that was pretty awsome...

but my VERY first console was the nes...the company my dad works for had some kind of "contest" thingy...(he is the manager of a walgreens store...)whoever sold so many units of a pepsi product got an nes...when i was five i got really addicted to it and my mom limited my to 1 hour a day :( which i most definetly used up EACH AND EVERY DAY...i would even get up in the middle of the night and sneak in extra nes time... :lol: and i would get yelled at for it... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got one of those FAMICLONES from epsom for £35, its got 118 real NES game like Ice climber and Mario bros. with 2 controllers that also act as lightguns for Duckhunt, its well sweet

That is a nice collection, just a few things i haven't got into though yet. First thing, computers I do not consider as Game Consoles, so I don't bother with them, other than my ViC-20, which i couldn't pass up for 50 cents, in box with all manuals and everything. And other than my GP32, everything I have is American. I don't have anything Japanese or anything. Also, as much as I would love it, Neo geo stuff is out of my price range.

I also don't consider, R-Zone, a pokemon mini as gaming systems.

Also, what the hell is a Gameboy Player and Mega duck, i tried to Ebay both and didn't get anything.

Sounds fair, I try to only consider computers for my collection when they accept cartridge games (C64, MSX, Atari) thats why there is no speccy in the list (but there is an Amiga.......... no comment :p ). I do think R-Zone and pokemon mini count as gaming systems (although very limited ones but they are gaming systems, afterall they accept cartridges with games on them). I think out of the list the Cybiko would qualify least as a gaming system.
I agree that the NeoGeo stuff is expensive, but it will only get more expensive over time so try to buy them as soon as you can.

The Gameboy player is not an actual console. It's the thingy you click under you Gamecube to play gameboy(advance) games. The megaDuck is a Gameboy clone (although not compatible with the Gameboy). You can compare it with the SuperVision. A little more info and a picture can be found here

huh..i'm not seeing a channel f system
Hmmm, hit me where it hurts ;) .
My policy when collecting is that I only buy old consoles for dump prices (not there actual value). This limits my old console search to fleamarkets and the occasional ebay auction. Since the channel f was never originally sold in the Netherlands it's very hard to get it cheap over here.

and i think ppl should list their age with their collection as well, and how long they have been collecting
I am 37 and got my first console (pong) when I was 12. I have been actively collection for about 7 years.

mattmagoo posted on May 9 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
I just got one of those FAMICLONES from epsom for £35, its got 118 real NES game like Ice climber and Mario bros. with 2 controllers that also act as lightguns for Duckhunt, its well sweet
But sadly fake.........

Not alot but I like em,

Game Gear
Master System II
Mega Drive (model 1)
Mega CD (model 1)
Sega 32X
Saturn (oval buttons)
Dreamcast
Spectrum 2+
Gameboy
Gameboy pocket
Gameboy colour
GBA
GBA SP
PSone
Gamecube

Brace yourselves :lol: LOL (not really)

nes mattel version X2
gameboy brick :p X2 both grey
gameoy pocket black
gameboy color purple c thru
super nintendo pal
super nintendo us
super famicom
famicom clone: poly station (broken)
some kind of other famiclone (looks like a n64 controller called "super joystick tv game Super joy 3" broken)
yet another famiclone: looks like a genesis 2 called Mega Power +
sega megadrive 2 (dont know wat regon it is but it can play pal n us games havnt tried n e jap 1s)
sega master system 2 pal
gp32 :D :D :D :D
magnavox odessy 2 us, ithnk, got it from canada
atari 2600 pal JR
sega saturn pal black (round buttons)
sega saturn jap grey round buttons
nintendo 64 pal
sony play station (not ps1) grey chipped pal
sony play station 2 pal black chipped
ps1 pal (absolutely fucked up! didnt use the rite voltage n blew it up, than opened it to see if it was chipped [got it from a flea market] that ruined any chance of it being repaird)

ant think of n e thing elese i got at the moment!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

V3X posted on May 11 2004 at 08:57 AM said:
nes mattel version X2
ok, I've just gotta find out know. I've also got the Mattel version but the other day I had the NEs one. I'd read on sites about the famous "blue screen" and know I know why I didn't have it cos it was on the NES version. Now wtf apart form that is the difference!?!?!!
I must know lol.

Whilst in my local Game store temptation got the better of me and I put a Gamecube on my plastic. I grabbed the Mario Kart Double Dash limited edition pack which comes with the Zelda 5 game disc. Mario Kart was fun. Better than the N64 version IMO, although the original Snes version is probably still the best. I played that for about an hour and then tried out the Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time. I ended up playing that into the wee hours of this morning. Awesome game. I never got round to finishing it on my N64 so I'm determined to finish it this time! Anyway as you can see I'm chuffed with it and wanted the world to know. If anyone can be bothered to suggest some decent games (minus the obvious ones) that'd be great. :)

Amstrad CPC (Not sure which one, its in the loft)
SNES
Dreamcast
Dreamcast memory card :rolleyes:
Original gameboy
GP32 (soon hopefully)

That's all I can think of, so not many, but I love them (except the GameBoy, that's shit)

Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Pocket (or whatever. The smaller one. Never really liked it.)
Gameboy Advance
Virtual Boy
NES (4 of which not a single one works anymore - waiting for the next flea market)
SNES
N64
Gamecube
GP32

I did not list Computers (Amiga or example) or my Arcarde Cabinet because, well, it's not an Arcarde Cabinet but an old PC running MAME :p
Also my SNES is a heavily modified one, supports 50Hz, 60Hz, Lockout Chip ON/OFF, PAL, emulated NTSC, optional Sound Chip ON/OFF-Button on the console (not really neccessary, but hey, I had a switch spare. Always on, though ;)), soldered in a cable going to a Virtual Reality Headset and also an Aura Interactor. I wanted to add two more controller ports, but I did not find any more connectors and did not want to open my adaptor. So... when you play SNES with me, you BETTER enjoy it B)

hi,

I "only" own
-a dreamcast (but with 80games, 4pads, 9VMU, 4rumble packs, 1 laser gun, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse)
-a GP32 with 6 SMC (3*128 + 3*64) :D
-a gamegear (should be still working... :unsure: ) with 7 games

and ow for the 'old but good' :
-atari : 2600, 7200, 800XL
-C64
-CPC6128
-apple II
-TO7D
-MO5
-sinclair ZX80, ZX81, spectrum
-and some more but I forget their names...
(in fact Im making a collection with those old computer)

see you :lol:

Back