Linux OUT!!!!!

Sonic-NKT

he, found the news on gp32spain.com THANKS!!!
the sourceforge gp32 linux profect:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gp32linux
released a alpha 2 of their linux port to the gp32..
i dont know if anythign is new to the thing we allready had.. but stil new..
post what you got out of it...

hmm how does it work... is there a compiled filesystem with kernel to download or do you have to compile your own for now...
can someone compile it for us please then? (dont have linux installed at the moment)
and... ... ok...
PLEASE PORT MOONBUGGY

Might sound hard now, but if you can't figure out how to compile the kernel and setup all the stuff, then gp32 linux is not suitable for you atm. Right now there's nothing more to see than kernel booting and loading initrd.
But if so much people demand for it, I'll put a ready compiled kernel, bootloader and initrd on my page.

Regards,
Don

In fact I can compile a kernel....but the links inside the .html are not responding and I dont have any files (bzip2, gzip, make)
This is the bigest problem
But it could be good to put an "already working" version on the net
see you ;)

i would also try it but i, like i said, i dont have linux installed and dont want to play around with cygwin.. Tho i just getting started with linux...
hope the insert a chatboard driver.. to use basic commands soon (still far away i think)
but browsing the smc (or the image on it) in a linux console would be really cool..

i would also try it but i, like i said, i dont have linux installed and dont want to play around with cygwin.. Tho i just getting started with linux...
hope the insert a chatboard driver.. to use basic commands soon (still far away i think)
but browsing the smc (or the image on it) in a linux console would be really cool..
"me fail english?!? THATS UNPOSSIBLE" :lol: there was a conpiled kernel somewhere but it didn't have the smc driver.... does this one set up a ram drive or something...hmmmm...hmmmmm...HMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to try it, but i don't have linux installed at the moment <_< but windows is seriously pissing me off and i'll probobly make the switch soon <_< oh and BTW:
DIE BILL GATES, YOUR OPERATING SYSTEMS SUCKS :angry: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
whooooohooooooooo
hm just a moment... wat is new with this one? dosent it floating around since ~4 month??
ps: nerd of nerds you realy like smylies dont you?

well mr. smily-pants, it must due to that you need a SMC to actually get it on your GP32

unless you mean able to transfer crap to the smc and file browsing support, then i do not know

nooooo, the bootloader can load the knerel, but the kernel USUALLY craps its pants cuz it doesn't know what to do with the smc and it crashes ;)

but they are still working on it and i think they get this smc driver out of this distro... (forgot the name)
hope we see new releases soon

Back