GP2X Linux Mugen On Gp2x?

EvilAlex

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
It open source the linux version is bug free and its very easy to make 2d fighting games with it. Creating and editing characters is a bit hard but the reste is very easy. Lots of original characters and boost-up edited out there. Could it be done?

www.streetmugen.com/mugen-us.html (weir put y can't find a good english site)

mugen.jpg

duracelleurz2.gif

post-393-1108027007.gif

Its something I've wanted to see for a long time, Mugen is as far as I know not open source. There is an open source clone called OpenMugen although. I haven't seen a playable release yet although its rumored that its reaching a playable state

As far as I know, mugen is quite a mem hog. Don't know if it's possible to run on the gp2x or not.

I thought that officially the Mugen source code is no longer available ,is considered private and cannot be distributed freely ( much like how invision 1.3 is ) .

That is why they have started the open source project on sourceforge .

The makers went MIA some time ago .

the memory issue may be helped by resizeing all the gfx to a smaller format.

EvilAlex posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:52 AM said:
Is there a mugen-like fight engine that can be port on the gp2x? Something as easy to mod?

There was KoF97 on the gp32, mugen is obviously better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF? Isn't this the original MUGEN that is not open source? So it cannot be ported... use the f'ing search button and be illuminated! But anyway, we can still hope that at some point the open mugen source will be ported for gp2x in a playable state...

xnopasaranx posted on May 16 2006 at 12:04 AM said:
WTF? Isn't this the original MUGEN that is not open source? So it cannot be ported... use the f'ing search button and be illuminated! But anyway, we can still hope that at some point the open mugen source will be ported for gp2x in a playable state...

TAD over the top. :D

PSyMastR posted on May 16 2006 at 02:57 AM said:
Over the top? Read the stickies :D

No still over top. Use the search button, and see how many times I've wanted this, and mentioned the source.

Sorry if I went over the top with that but my impression is that there is no source also from the previous threads where this has been discussed. It seems like the project is NOT open source and therefore even porting the old source would be illegal... well not illegal but a vulneration of it's license.

Back