Mugen Thread!

purple_goat

Website
purplegoat25.deviantart.com
(if you don't know what mugen is, it's a homebrew fighting game for linux and windows and a version for psp..
you get to add you own chars/stages also: you need it)

who plays it?
who do you play as?

etc etc

I play as ryu
I play the game on hard 8 survival (or arcade) until the game crashes (mine is for the most part very stable)

I have a folder full of mugen stuff its about 25gb :D. I dont play it much but it is good.
Is there a PSP version out ?

Heres a video of one of the MUGEN games HERE

CABBAGES said:
I have a folder full of mugen stuff its about 25gb :D. I dont play it much but it is good.
Is there a PSP version out ?

Heres a video of one of the MUGEN games HERE

25gigs!? :blink: thats alot of stuff :)
um yeah its not too good tho.. it's called infinity cat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use this old thread to ask about "recent" info about the state of MUGEN.

I ignored the argument for more then 10 years (it was only for DOS at the time), and now I find difficult to find information... the main site is dead and wikis mention clones, but mostly abandoned...

Do you know if there's still an "official" developed version ? And if not, what is the best clone ?

Thanks

Seems to have gone windows only since 2002, and not been developed past beta 1.1 in 2013. Nothing since. Mugenguild seems to carry the windows builds, but I'd virus check anything you download for windows.

I have found some Mugen DB sites that, even if old, seems pretty serious, but lists only the old official builds of MUGEN

http://www.mugendb.com

https://mugen.fandom.com/wiki/M.U.G.E.N_versions

Them lists some complete game projects that already contains everything needed to play them.

Still, I'm sad to see a so awesome engine abandoned like this... if it was developed for so many years it could have kicked so many asses to even recent commercial games.

IKEMEN Go Plus is a fork of IKEMEN GO that aims to implement all remaining M.U.G.E.N features currently missing in the engine and add new ones on top of it in order to make the engine more flexible and better suited for full games.

Damn !! This is VERY interesting !! Also developing seems alive !!

Mugen thread you say...
1631630-1458163361395-tumblr_n3g6tarmNt1tvwrhco1_500.jpg

Pain town (which is designed for games like Streets of Rage) also had a MUGEN engine, but i haven't checked the state in ages.

I recently got back into xbox modding (original xbox) and was trying to find the xmugen port that existed back in the day. someone hacked a linux rootfs together which automatically boots some obscure and outdated mugen build. anyway, I found it really hard to source "games" for it, as most regular mugen packs and such won't run.

there used to be a huge collection of xmugen games and there are torrents but no seeds anymore :(

does anyone happen to have that collection? i think it's called xmugen xtreme or something like that. I'd be very happy for a chance to get my hands on those files. not sure on the legality of the collection, so pm me if you have it.

Cool, seems it wasn't advertised enough at the time !! :D

Anyway I'm Pandoraless for now :(

does anyone happen to have that collection?

I'll dig out my binder of old xbox discs and see if I burned it back in the day. No promises, but it does sound familiar. If I have it and the DVD-R is still viable, I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: ___
Back