Linux Kernel Source

Why a surprise? I would fully expect that it shoudl all just "configure; make; work" .. if it _deosn't_, they broke it ;) ie: Its linux, on a common chipset, using SDL.. thats about as standard as you can get for linux outside of x86..

For most rmus, it shoudl be as much as doing a direct port in an hour, and then work on optimization and nice friendly GUIs and other upgrades.. the actual emu ports shoudl be a _walk in the park_, unless they completely buggered things up ;)

jeff

Squidge posted on Sep 14 2005 at 07:33 AM said:
This is the only site I've found the stuff at. The missing header files just seem to be dedicated to the MMSP2 (like the register definitions), but we have these anyway, so it doesn't really matter :)

So many things to play with - the wait for hardware is killing me :(

The site is weird.. Is there a place to dl the whole bunch somewhere? Might be my lack of coffee if I missed some link somewhere :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
by "we have them anyway" I mean we have the datasheet, so can recreate the file.

Don't think you can download it all, as it's probably not supposed to be there anyway :)

In my experience with closed TI DSPs, there's *nothing* anyone can do about us creating header files with register names and addresses in them, and making these available. That's not protectable information.

For example, see this eCos port for the TI DM270.

I fully intend to make standard headers available, and release source code for everything I do. Even if the data sheet etc can't be shared, the information will be free :)

Got a few enquires out that look like they may show good results regards getting an archive of the kernel and u-boot source and patches. Hope to know more in the next few days.

Back