Linux gaming news! It's happening!

Part of the "War on general-purpose computing".

They don't sell computers as computers, they sell them as disposable razor blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you pay TI and the likes enough money, and sign the right NDAs they'll give you the source for the drivers, and you can then fix things yourself. Won't be able to release the source though, or I suspect even be able to release the binary except preinstalled on a device, but that's what smartphone makers used to do (before smartphones ran linux), and I guess what the military etc. still do.
Today, everything will be leaked sooner or later, it may be just a matter of time. :D

Part of the "War on general-purpose computing".

They don't sell computers as computers, they sell them as disposable razor blades.
And the worst thing is, the majority of the customers does not even care. :(

I wish high end computers and mobile devices were the same price as high end razor cartridges/blades.

Not TI, it's IMGtec, who have pretty much abandoned series 5 GPUs already, so no chance for updated drivers.
Imagination is shipping the CI20 creator (a new product) with an SGX 540 and Debian 7 with a first-party ES 2.0 + OpenGL 2.1 driver. The hardware has kernel 3.18 support afaict.

Hm? Does that mean Imagination has released a driver that should work on our hardware? Where can we get it?

Right, just checked that... it's a MIPS board.

Well, time to ask Imagination then... maybe they can provide some kind of generic driver...

Right, just checked that... it's a MIPS board.

Well, time to ask Imagination then... maybe they can provide some kind of generic driver...
Good luck. :) Advertise the Pyra as supa-dupa device that is worth to have the best possible drivers. Which is actualy the truth. ;)

They'll just redirect to TI like they always do, and we already know how helpful TI is with things like that...

Hmmm, that graph only goes up to August for me. I guess they realized there's no way that Linux could be popular and decided to double check their data. ;)

Well, the graph has been updated, now it says Linux had a slight drop in September.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory; that's the Linux we know and love. :)

Back