Linux And Gp2x...

Rayek

Recovering Sega Addict
I know... I need to use the search function. But my case is much different. I can't use Windows, my system totally crashed, and I've lost my XP disc. So other than pirating Windows or re-buying it :( there's not a solution at hand.. But Linux works just fine.

My question: Since my GP2X is coming before I can get a solution to the computer issue, I'm wondering how Linux handles the GP2X in standard USB mode. Will it be recognized, or will I have to re-buy my card reader?

It'll only be recognised on a USB1 port, same as windows. Its unfortunate, but its a known bug.

With the windows issue: download a cd from bittorrent or something, as long as you have a valid key, its legal i think.

Thats true in a way; the license 'stays with the sticker', so if you've got a sticker on your machie with the key or something, you're good.

But anyway .. I'd use a card reader anyway; they're cheap (if you look; I got mine a couple years ago for $15CDN!) and stable, unlike a certai ndevice's USB :)

jeff

Maybe Im just lucky or something but Ive never had any problems with my gp2x working on my SuSE Linux computers. Windows 9x-XP sure but Linux seems to pick it up right off the get go. :)

Back