Linking two Pyras together?

That's why I'm not saying it does work, just that I believe it does, or should rather. All the components for it are there, if it doesn't work then it's because no one found it worth enough to debug.

Yes, but my point is that I can find nothing online that says that this chip is capable of this feature. Only that one commit. Nothing official from TI.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
better idea should be to use ED server to connect all pyras. Something like CounterStrike host server and implement online play capability in emus/games.. im sure only 1% of people have 2 pandoras in tha house so create link cable+extensions would be a little waste of time..

btw. even in GameBoy [or PS1] link cable wasnt really used in games.  
I had been thinking about something similar, just imagine all the posibilities ...we could organize gaming tournaments within the Pyra community, that would rock. I'd love to beat you all at marvel vs. capcom :D hahaa

Does that even work ? I've never seen adhoc wifi on anything other than PSP or NDS - and these methods were apparently protected by patents.
Ad-hoc wifi is just connecting two computers together without a router between them. All laptops have this ability. The Pandora didn't originally but I believe it does now. Once they're connected, it is identical to a network game: you swap IP addresses (the software can broadcast them to find each other automatically), make a connection, and the OS handles everything.
If that feature is working (pending confirmation), why is noone using it yet in any Pandora application ? 

Linking up locally or over the internet for multiplayer retro games would be great if the emulators were updated to support it. I'm thinking about Way Of The Exploding Fist, Bubble Bobble, various shooting and racing games...

could it b posible to play sega Dreamcast/Saturn online games once the emulators work properlly, like Phantasy Star Online. there are homebrew servers for dreamcast already that works for the guys who own the dreamcast's broadband. Is it going to be posible to enter into them using the emulator? that would be more than great.

maybe I'm dreaming too much. am I?

Not sure if the ethernet adapter is emulated yet or if there is any plans to.. I haven't seen the Emulator author on the forums here is a while.. It is opensource so someone else could pick up that work if there is interest.

It's also possible to link them with some magic glue.
It's also possible to post useful stuff.

I know there is some server for PSP that allows multiplayer.

It will be built into PPSSPP as soon as the Maintainer finds time to do so.

It's already in use with real PSPs.

So you  can play multiplayer with PSP and Pandora then.

Not sure if the ethernet adapter is emulated yet or if there is any plans to.. I haven't seen the Emulator author on the forums here is a while.. It is opensource so someone else could pick up that work if there is interest.
   if they make it happen and that feature gets at least some youtube videos showing what it can do, then im pretty sure all those dreamcast fans will probably get a Pyra just because of that feature, and there are quite lots of fans out there. if they are willing to spend around $200,00. dollars or more to get the dreamcast broadband just to play like 5 games online. I guess they wouldn't think twice if they see a device that allows them to do that and much more. and to be able to do those things on the go is the best part of it. I'm sure that would drag more costumers

That sound pretty cool!

So, could you play online any game that is multiplayer even if it wasn't designed to be played online? or does it works only for the ones that are meant to be online?

...and if so, then, could that be done with other emulators? i mean; to be able to play multiplayer games even in they aren't online ones?

That sound pretty cool!

So, could you play online any game that is multiplayer even if it wasn't designed to be played online? or does it works only for the ones that are meant to be online?

...and if so, then, could that be done with other emulators? i mean; to be able to play multiplayer games even in they aren't online ones?
It is ment to simulate Ad hoc multiplayer via the server of the maintainer.

What I've read it's made for PSP only. Would be great for DS as well.

Anyways, if I've finished my studies today and use my big computer for browsing I'll post the link here.

You may also search the PPSSPP thread here for that link as I think I've also posted it there.

But no idea when this will happen.

Isnt the planned USBs enough?

Ad-hoc WiFi multiplayer is where it's at.
Does that even work ? I've never seen adhoc wifi on anything other than PSP or NDS - and these methods were apparently protected by patents.  
Its not harder than a internet protocol to do it.
ADHOC is still a network.

better idea should be to use ED server to connect all pyras. Something like CounterStrike host server and implement online play capability in emus/games.. im sure only 1% of people have 2 pandoras in tha house so create link cable+extensions would be a little waste of time..

btw. even in GameBoy [or PS1] link cable wasnt really used in games.  
Pyra Live.
Online evil.

Back