Release Limited Edition "TetriCrisis" - Only For OpenPandora!

honestly, don't do c4all on all these 6 modes, because that'll create too much dispersion, on some mode you'll be lucky to get one or two score entry...

Really nice tetris game. I've found a couple of problems though.

I seem to be getting a game over randomly after playing the original mode for a while. (the game is not supposed to end before the blocks reach the top of the playing area, right? Or is there some rule I'm not aware of?) I haven't played the other game modes much so I'm not sure if this happens in them but I guess this would'nt happen in time attack modes because it seems to take a while before it happens.

The task bar becomes visible if you move the cursor to the bottom of the screen. The clock and battery indicator become visible every once in a while even if you don't move the cursor.

If you have other programs running when you start TetriCrisis, parts of those windows might still be visible after running the game. (See part of QupZilla's "reload" button in the top-left corner of the screenshot)

tetricrisis.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem with the taskbar is relative to using glshim lib ( i think) and could be resolved (or attenuated) with hiding the taskbar on XFCE

I seem to be getting a game over randomly after playing the original mode for a while. (the game is not supposed to end before the blocks reach the top of the playing area, right? Or is there some rule I'm not aware of?)
Never found this problem...and yes a game end when blocks reach the top. Try to delete the appdata folder and rerun the pnd.

honestly, don't do c4all on all these 6 modes, because that'll create too much dispersion, on some mode you'll be lucky to get one or two score entry...
Ok i was thinking the same...but what game modes i submit to C4A server ? Normal mode for sure ..but what else ?

The problem with the taskbar is relative to using glshim lib ( i think) and could be resolved (or attenuated) with hiding the taskbar on XFCE
I think what you have is that you used LIBGL_FB=1 to get Framebuffer access (compatibility with newer driver) and automatic fullscreen, but the game itself is still not-fullscreen.

You should also force the game to display fullscreen to avoid this kind of effects.

I think what you have is that you used LIBGL_FB=1 to get Framebuffer access (compatibility with newer driver) and automatic fullscreen, but the game itself is still not-fullscreen. You should also force the game to display fullscreen to avoid this kind of effects.
oh yes i used LIBGL_FB=1 and the game is using 640x480. Now i know that i should anyway force 800x480 on my next build.

Thank's ptitSeb.

Have some SDL_FULLSCREEN flag in the init and force 800x480. Might result into black borders though.

I seem to be getting a game over randomly after playing the original mode for a while. (the game is not supposed to end before the blocks reach the top of the playing area, right? Or is there some rule I'm not aware of?)
Never found this problem...and yes a game end when blocks reach the top. Try to delete the appdata folder and rerun the pnd.
Deleted the appdata folder but that didn't help.

Is it anything to do with the fact the different pieces appear first at different heights - you need to have four rows at the top if a long piece appears. Or are you further down the screen when the game ends?

And just to check, you're not accidentally playing one of the times modes, right?

This is weird. First the problem occurred in almost every game but now it's not happening anymore. I've played at least ten games (probably even more) without problems now.

I'm afraid I can't provide much more information. The game just kept ending at random times without any clear reason.

Is it anything to do with the fact the different pieces appear first at different heights - you need to have four rows at the top if a long piece appears. Or are you further down the screen when the game ends?
I'm quite sure it had nothing to do with this. The playing area was nearly empty (like one or two rows at the bottom) at least once when the problem occurred.
And just to check, you're not accidentally playing one of the times modes, right?
I'm sure it was the original mode.

It happened again today (two times actually ). Both times the game ended immediately after I pressed the up key to drop the block (I have up key set to quick drop). The block dropped and I got the game over screen immediately after that. First time I had a score of about 400000 and the second time about 1300000. Not sure if any of this helps though.

Maybe some "signed" issue (I use now "-fsigned-char" to avoid strange behavour when I port PC software) related to speed of the pandora and handling of Delta steps (ok, not sure I'm clear enough, but I hope @Farox will understand me).

Sorry for the problem...in the meantime we was checking why we are not able to save the scores..we (JezxLee did all the work) fixed the saving scores, plus we now have possibility to change (and display accordingly on "how to play" screen ) the buttons.

@ ptitSeb i'll used your codeblocks CFLAGS (added on the makefile) in the build that is on the repo ( so -fsigned-char is already present) but with and without didn't have a game over like matti1234, also i think to remove all the optimizations from CFLAGS as i don't see any frame rate improvement)

@ matti1234 try to change up key to another function ( i use smart rotate for example and didn't have game over) or wait my next pnd very soon (maybe you have a corrupted PND...who knows)

@ ptitSeb i'll used your codeblocks CFLAGS (added on the makefile) in the build that is on the repo ( so -fsigned-char is already present) but with and without didn't have a game over like matti1234, also i think to remove all the optimizations from CFLAGS as i don't see any frame rate improvement)
If it's "delta step" issue (meaning, the block going to fast, and having a height negative because of the step, if indeed the bottom is 0) and so having the height (if unsigned) sudenly very big (so trigering a gameover), remove optim flag will not help.

No idea if it's the cause, just reacting to the way to reproduce the bug (and I didn't look at the sources, so maybe all I said makes no sense at all).

@matti1234: what model of Pandora you have?

Thanks ptitSeb for all the help. I checked using quick drop but i don't have a game over (i'm on a CC Pandora @600 MHz)

Anyway...

Just released a new PND with fixed many bugs and hope not to find anymore. Just not implemented C4A for now.

@ matti1234 plaese test with it

Hmmm, @Farox, don't forget that it happens to matti1234 only with quite high score already, so the speed of the game is probably already high, and even higher when using quick drop down.

Just released a new PND with fixed many bugs and hope not to find anymore. Just not implemented C4A for now. @ matti1234 plaese test with it
Thanks for the update.

Played three games (those didn't last too long this time though) without problems. Not sure if this proves anything yet since I was able to play quite a few games without problems with the previous version too. I'll do more testing later and report back.

@matti1234: what model of Pandora you have?
CC Pandora running at 800 mhz.
don't forget that it happens to matti1234 only with quite high score already, so the speed of the game is probably already high, and even higher when using quick drop down.
I think the lowest score at which the problem appeared was about 200000 or 300000. I was somehow able to get a score of over 5 million (in the previous version) without running into that problem.

Back