Lik-Sang, PlayAsia or GBAx?

I am in the U.S. and when I ordered from Lik Sang I had no problems. I got my unit for 209 us dollars and I spent roughly 30 on UPS shipping. I had the unit 3 days after I had ordered it. It was wonderful service. I assume, in order for you to get an answer, it would help for you to tell everyone where you are from, and then if anyone on the board is a resident of the same country, they could tell you their experience. Because from the sound of things, each country has different tax procedures and policies.

-Luke

I have ordered stuff from all these three online shops.. IMHO play-asia has been the fastest/etc for me, but I always get hit by customs :angry: With Lik-sang I have had a long & good relation ship and really don't have anything bad to say about them, but again the customs issue :( For an EU citizen like me GBAX is the best choice. And because Craig runs it, it should also be a good choice in general "scene spirit" <_< For me GBAX has been the only place that made me wait for my order for a long time... maybe that was just a bad coinsidence.. :blink:

Go with GBAx

I am sure the ywill be more than happy to mark it as a gift so you dont get charged import tax.

I went with GBAx and they were very helpfull.

I just had a MSN chat with Craig of GBAx and he says they won't charge you whatsoever if you ship it with UPS... And I have yet to ask him about marking the package with a low invoice amount or even as a gift... I don't want to end up paying a 30% tax amount to the Egyptian import authorities. That's ridicolous.

I'm in the UK and I got mine from Lik Sang and strangely I don't think I got taxed. I did however pay a surcharge for currency changes though I suspect that was just Barclays doing their best to shaft me as always.

Ramzy posted on Dec 17 2003 at 10:38 AM said:
I just had a MSN chat with Craig of GBAx and he says they won't charge you whatsoever if you ship it with UPS... And I have yet to ask him about marking the package with a low invoice amount or even as a gift... I don't want to end up paying a 30% tax amount to the Egyptian import authorities. That's ridicolous.
Can I conclude from this that you never have to pay importtaxes when you choose UPS? :eek: 'Cause that would be great! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ramzy posted on Dec 17 2003 at 01:47 PM said:
Well, a solution to this would be to change the invoice price tag on the box... this would eventually lower the income tax.. does GBAx, Lik-Sang or PlayAsia do this?
I know play asia does this. tis what i did. damn i wish there was just a way to let everyone whos thinkin about buying know this. i seem to write it in every buying thread.

Max posted on Dec 16 2003 at 10:23 PM said:
Lik-Sang, no doubt.
Yeah! No doubt! I loved that AU$80 import tax I got from ordering there!

We are the Egyptian Customs Service, and we will be looking out for a 20 Pound gift. It will be confiscated immidiatly... ;)

Anyways, use GBAx... Good service, but they could do with cheaper shipping options (Would have ordered my GP32 case from them too, if there wasn't only 15pound really fast shipping)

iv just ordered my GP32 from GBAX

this is my first post here :ph34r: :D

well iv had like 456 on the shenmuedojo forums also

In the UK, you will always get charged around 25% (actually 21% import tax + 4% handling fee or something I think) for an import from outside the EU.

Pricey :eek:

Back