Light

Yes, its named to be the same screen as the blu+ haves.
A little bit more searching and you would have found it :)

No, you're going to need one of these:

item36393ge.jpg

Seriously :p

Also to save starting a new thread-
Anyone know the status of overclocking? The specs say 2 200mhz processors but then the GP32 was supposed to be 133 yet had lots of software needing up to 166....

And has anyone got one? I've seen sights seemingly selling them right now.

Only a few devs. have them. All of the sites are taking preorders, look for the units to start shipping between the end of october and the 2nd week in November.

Josquius posted on Oct 19 2005 at 03:57 PM said:
Anyone know the status of overclocking? The specs say 2 200mhz processors but then the GP32 was supposed to be 133 yet had lots of software needing up to 166....
The MagicEye is set to run the CPUS at 222MHz, so technicaly it comes underclocked out the box

Last edited by a moderator:
lucoxade posted on Oct 19 2005 at 04:28 PM said:
The MagicEye is set to run the CPUS at 222MHz, so technicaly it comes underclocked out the box

NICE, now all we need to do is put it back up to that 222MHz! And then some of course B)

reallynotnick posted on Oct 20 2005 at 12:54 AM said:

NICE, now all we need to do is put it back up to that 222MHz! And then some of course B)

According to this document: http://fear.me.uk/gp2x/db.pdf it does look the MMSP2's dual Arm9 cores should run up to 266MHz. And this is not an overclocking yet. However the actual perfomance of GP2x is an unknow but it has a potential. :rolleyes:

But we shouldn't focus only on the cpus even in a emulation aspects. The GP2x has some other tricks as well. Some of its hardware coprocessor are quite sophisticated. I'm saying all this not having actual GP2x unfortunately but if this pdf is to be believed...

I could go on what I think will be achievable with the GP2x but I'll just shut up. :p

Radek posted on Oct 19 2005 at 07:37 PM said:
reallynotnick posted on Oct 20 2005 at 12:54 AM said:

According to this document: http://fear.me.uk/gp2x/db.pdf it does look the MMSP2's dual Arm9 cores should run up to 266MHz. And this is not an overclocking yet. However the actual perfomance of GP2x is an unknow but it has a potential. :rolleyes:

But we shouldn't focus only on the cpus even in a emulation aspects. The GP2x has some other tricks as well. Some of its hardware coprocessor are quite sophisticated. I'm saying all this not having actual GP2x unfortunately but if this pdf is to be believed...

I could go on what I think will be achievable with the GP2x but I'll just shut up. :p

222? 266? Wow, that's amazing. Anyone can back up those claims?

All you have to do is open up the pdf and run a search for 266 and BOOM there it is! It says 266mhz.

So are we 100% that this magic eyes chip is what the gp2x is using, thus being safe to asume I should be able to get this bad boy up to 266mhz! Yeah that would make me really happy.

reallynotnick posted on Oct 19 2005 at 08:57 PM said:
All you have to do is open up the pdf and run a search for 266 and BOOM there it is! It says 266mhz.

So are we 100% that this magic eyes chip is what the gp2x is using, thus being safe to asume I should be able to get this bad boy up to 266mhz! Yeah that would make me really happy.

i find it hard to believe that someone think my question is stupid....when a line after he asks for the same damn thing.

The problem is that the Documents have a few confusing mis-statments on things like the USB1.1 so it could be out of date or refering to an older model which really could do 266 or the GP2Xs could be modified to ONLY do 200... or for all we know it could do even better.

Only the coders know for sure.

The USB1.1 vs USB2.0 "mis-statments" is clear. GPH added a separate chip for USB2.0 device which doesn't support host mode. The MMSP2's host/device USB1.1 controller is not connected to the outside world in the devboards.

Squidge posted it in one of the WiFi threads.

BBTroll posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:45 AM said:
The USB1.1 vs USB2.0 "mis-statments" is clear. GPH added a separate chip for USB2.0 device which doesn't support host mode. The MMSP2's host/device USB1.1 controller is not connected to the outside world in the devboards.

Does it mean the GP2x's usb port will be slave only then? If so then it's sucking somewhat. I had some plans with peripherals (keyboard, modem and others) and thought it would be possible...

Yeah, it is basically confirmed: :(
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Getting_started_...ardware_hacking

Fortunately GP2x has also a SDIO and an EXT ports.

At the bright side of things all this validate somewhat avaible docs.

Radek posted on Oct 19 2005 at 09:39 PM said:
BBTroll posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:45 AM said:

Does it mean the GP2x's usb port will be slave only then? If so then it's sucking somewhat. I had some plans with peripherals (keyboard, modem and others) and thought it would be possible...

Yeah, it is basically confirmed: :(
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Getting_started_...ardware_hacking

Fortunately GP2x has also a SDIO and an EXT ports.

At the bright side of things all this validate somewhat avaible docs.
There should not be too many problems hooking up a keyboard to the GP2x :)

Back