libEGL

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Are the sources of that libEGL available somewhere?

I'm trying to compile current PPSSPP, but the EGL won't initialize. I get a EGL_BAD_ALLOC(0x3003) error on the eglInitialize( g_eglDisplay, NULL, NULL) call. I have check that g_eglDisplay is correct.

The PPSSPP initialize is based on portegl from Pickles.

It use SDL, and SDL is first Iinitalised with a

SDL_Init(SDL_VIDEO_INIT);

then a

g_Display = XDisplayOpen( NULL)

error checks...

then

g_eglDisplay = eglGetDisplay((NativeDisplayType)g_Display)

error checks..

after that, it's the

eglInitialize(g_eglDisplay, NULL, NULL)

that fail.

The previous version used the same initialisation schemed and worked. So I wanted to peek inside libEGL to understand how a EGL_BAD_ALLOC can happens inside eglInitialize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, thanks. I'll try to find something in the SDK. That's big stuff, I had hope for a simple lib, with simple sources, but that doesn't look like that :(

I tried to use the EGL from Mesa, but it doesn't works with GLES libs... I tried some differents config for mesa but no luck.

My problem seems to solve itself with a reboot of the Pandora. But still, the libEGL is not a solid lib. I grabbed the latest sdk kit, and start messing with the bin package at first, just to see if there is something interesting inside...

Ok, bad news for libEGL. When something goes wrong with this lib, you have to restart the Pandora to have it working again...

And thanks for the tips about SDL_GetWMInfo :)

That EGL_BAD_ALLOC on initialization took me several hours ... then I found this ...

looks like long batterylife is not always a good thing :p

Is there any way to detect this, so one can create a more meaning-full error-message for the user (so he knows he has to restart)?

When this problem happens, does a direct framebuffer context still work?

Does reloading the SGX driver fix it? (like when you switch driver versions)

Back