Let Him Off The Hook

Iorgy77 said:
0 feedback seller.

Looks like a scam to me.

The other items in his advert link to another seller in Korea who is selling the wiz for 129USD.

I know where he lives and only a short drive from me, I think (I know) you are right about the scam but it's worth a try

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL - I don't think I'd buy anything from them. I'm guessing that they get your paypal / credit card info, which may be a scam, since even $30 USD is ridiculous.

EDIT: @torpor - It looks kind of like one, but I'm not sure. I've never heard of a break out board for the Caanoo before...

@R.B. - You know what - you've already bought it. Why not just drive down and see if it's official? If so, then tell us and we'll buy the rest (and then sell them back). LOL

Definitely a scam or a trick of some kind. If you look at "my other items" it links to a completely different seller.

Item Information : add gift (4GB SD memory)

Maybe you're just buying an SD card with Caanoo emulators on it? That's the oldest trick in the book. Once I saw someone selling a GBA console, and then when you read the full description you realised (in the smallest text he could get away with) that he was actually selling a picture of one.

Popcorn Dave said:
Definitely a scam or a trick of some kind. If you look at "my other items" it links to a completely different seller.

Item Information : add gift (4GB SD memory)

Maybe you're just buying an SD card with Caanoo emulators on it? That's the oldest trick in the book. Once I saw someone selling a GBA console, and then when you read the full description you realised (in the smallest text he could get away with) that he was actually selling a picture of one.

I checked for fine print, I think the add should have said $129not $29, does he have to honor his auction price of $29 or can he back out ofit?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know, it's certainly possible he just put the wrong price in, but the "my other items" thing and the lack of feedback are big red flags for me. I'm pretty sure you're just being scammed.

Yeah, you may not want to go through with it. Alternatively, cancel your order and visit him in person - he's not going to give you an empty box for $29.

It was a con, I have phoned the number for him given to me by eBay and got a different person (false phone number) I have reported it to eBay and they stopped the add and I have made a claim for a refund to PayPal, I was looking forward togetting a Caanoo but I knew it was too good to be true but I had to try

torpor said:
Whats that weird box in the "Develop your own games" picture? Some sort of BoB?

No idea. I got a Caanoo BoB, but it's just a PCB.

Last edited:
Got my money back today, It was a fake add, not funny, otherpeople who bought one from this fuckwit got in touch with me asking for help in getting their money back

A lot of these fake ads have been appearing on ebay lately. I dont think the scam is actually as obvious as it seems. They arent trying to rip you off as much as they are phishing for as much of your info as they can get. They copy paste popular ads and sell them well under the value. Not sure how it works, but thats my theory.

Back