LemonCrest Lemon Pi

Phlyra

FLOSSing
Just wondering what you guys make of this:
I don’t think it’ll be as good as the Pyra (mainly because of lack of keyboard and storage) but it looks pretty slick and could be an alternative to the Nintendo Switch?

bloody aweful music, far too loud. is that so i cant thinkabout what i am seeing?
from the front it looks sleek. but its a chunky mother from the back and sides..

... but its a chunky mother from the back and sides..

Seems to me it could just have a proper grip... too many devices lately lost that form factor to be "slim", and I'm missing it a lot.
I always felt a GameGear better in my hands than all the newer handhelds around, just because of its chubbyness.

Looks interesting but does it freshen your breath and whiten your teeth?

c0074809_4313685.jpg

bloody aweful music, far too loud. is that so i cant thinkabout what i am seeing?
from the front it looks sleek. but its a chunky mother from the back and sides..
Touché plus the video is a bit low on details...and yeah it is chunky but I think I agree with PowerGod on that front
Post automatically merged:

Looks interesting but does it freshen your breath and whiten your teeth?

c0074809_4313685.jpg
Maybe if your name’s Michel Lotito ;)

I think you could justify it being that thick to fit in the four shoulder buttons. Technically that only requires to make the top of the unit thicker like an overhang, but in fact they've taken that all over, and then applied hand grips. I suppose it could be thinner but then we in pyra glass houses shouldn't throw the first stone in those respects I think.

I think you could justify it being that thick to fit in the four shoulder buttons. Technically that only requires to make the top of the unit thicker like an overhang, but in fact they've taken that all over, and then applied hand grips. I suppose it could be thinner but then we in pyra glass houses shouldn't throw the first stone in those respects I think.
Also, that thickness will be somewhat due to the RaspberryPi inside...which is also similar to the Pyra in the sense that should future revisions not differ too much in form factor from the 3 and 4B+, it should remain upgradable at relatively low cost. It should also still be compatible with other SBCs

Yes, I shouldn't make the mistake of thinking that this contains something slim like a compute module, it supposedly contains a full fat recentish R-Pi with it's dual stacked USB ports and ethernet socket and things, which will influence the size of the thing. I wonder how much battery this thing has.

translation:

Lemon pi
presents
the ultimate portable console
compatible with raspberry pi 3b/3b+/4
digital audio
7 inch IPS screen
Battery with 10000mah
open source
wanna play?

Too bad it's digital audio... all my headphones are analogue.

Pyra Battery is 6000mAh. But I do not think it lasts longer on 10000mah, it probably will use more juice.

@phyla It's obviously just a 3D render. not sure what the top buttons are used for, they do not show any SDcard/usb slot.
"compatible with rPI", I think, means it will have a CPU similar in power to rPi3.

Now the Lemon Pi is this:

lemon-pi.jpg

So that's probably what's in there (or must be bought separately to add to your device)

And that hardware, while a bit old already, is not _that_ bad:

indigogo

AliExpress does not seem to re-sell these. So I do not think they have too many of these old thingies laying around.

Or else, it would be called: RoseApple Pi (the successor):

more about that one here: http://roseapplepi.org/

Last edited:
translation:

Too bad it's digital audio... all my headphones are analogue.

Pyra Battery is 6000mAh. But I do not think it lasts longer on 10000mah, it probably will use more juice.

@phyla It's obviously just a 3D render. not sure what the top buttons are used for, they do not show any SDcard/usb slot.
"compatible with rPI", I think, means it will have a CPU similar in power to rPi3.

Now the Lemon Pi is this:

lemon-pi.jpg

So that's probably what's in there (or must be bought separately to add to your device)

And that hardware, while a bit old already, is not _that_ bad:

indigogo

AliExpress does not seem to re-sell these. So I do not think they have too many of these old thingies laying around.

Or else, it would be called: RoseApple Pi (the successor):

more about that one here: http://roseapplepi.org/
@FBnil yeah that’s not much by way of specs - I would have expected something giving at least a quick overview of each of the different inputs with callouts or something, like they did with their SBC in your first link - but at least it answers @levi’s question about battery!

From what I understand after having watched leepsvideo’s take on it (), that “compatible with” does actually mean that you should be able to hot swap the LemonCrest SBC for any of the actual RPi 3, 3b+ and 4 SBCs, whole, not just a compute module (there isn’t a RPi 4 compute module yet)

Back