Legends Of Idhuriel

(naw)mcx

Rotary Wombat
Website
www.godlikemcx.deviantart.com
http://www.ldraven-entertainment.co.nr/

The section on the front page translates in to (so google says):

Hello small, I have begun to program the version of the Legends of Idhuriel for GP2X in Fenix. Sera a horizontal game in scroll with I touch of beat´em up and ventures. Aqui I very very teach to some captures of a version mu to you W.I.P of the project.

Hope its good, the real game looks good so the fenix one should be good too

Nice, that game looks pretty cool/intresting.
but why use google, the site is availible in english as well.
Hi guys.

I have started to coding the GP2X version of "Legends of Idhuriel" in Fenix.

The game will be a horizontal scroll adventure with beat´em up style.

Two screens of the project: (very very very W.I.P) :)

I didnt know that you can do decent 3d with fenix? or are that just prerendered sprites?

Hi guys.

(First, sorry my poor english :))

I am the creator of the game. Thanks for the post about the game in this forums.

The sprites are 3D pre-rendered graphics

I have a little video too (is a very very W.I.P version of the project), only for you can see the scroll movement and the style of the game (the character can move up/down too).

Download the video here: -LEGENDS OF IDHURIEL- VIDEO

In this forums (spanish) there are more information and comments of other GP2X users. You can go from HERE

Thanks a millions friends.

Greetings

Vimacs posted on Apr 6 2006 at 09:31 AM said:
I didnt know that you can do decent 3d with fenix? or are that just prerendered sprites?

They are prerendered sprites ;)

The game runs at 35 fps with 3 parallax scrolls in my lastest "private" Fenix version :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Apr 6 2006 at 10:31 AM said:

You can, but not on the gp2x, unless you have wrote your own 3D engine, which would be too slow to produce anything like this in real 3D.
So I guess the graphics are pre-rendered, atleast the gp2x version.

EDIT: too slow again ^^

i love me some parallax scrolling. this looks great, l_draven.

(offtopic) is it easy to do those sort of scrolling backgrounds in fenix? maybe i should try and learn some...

"Server to Busy
The request cannot be processed at this time. The amount of traffic exceeds the Web site's configured capacity."

hehe, your game is popular :).

I'm kind of amazed that fenix can do all that. I tried the pack of old games that evildragon put together and they were all quite fun, but pretty slow and unimpressive to look at. This game looks really polished though.

Have you found a way to let it exit back to the menu without rebooting by any chance? I don't have an upgrade capable sd card so a 35 second reboot after each fenix game was rather annoying.

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 7 2006 at 09:26 AM said:
I'm kind of amazed that fenix can do all that. I tried the pack of old games that evildragon put together and they were all quite fun, but pretty slow and unimpressive to look at. This game looks really polished though.

Have you found a way to let it exit back to the menu without rebooting by any chance? I don't have an upgrade capable sd card so a 35 second reboot after each fenix game was rather annoying.

Uhm, what Fenix version are you using?

I do,

REPEAT
UNTIL (key(_enter)); //enter is start button in gp2x

exit("",0);

and the game exit.

You must see the .gpe script, its possible that when you finnish the game dont go to the gp2xmenu.

.gpe script example:

#!/bin/sh
cd runtime
./fxi ../tests/test1.dcb
cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

The last 2 lines call the gp2xmenu when you exit of your game.

Greetings.

Puck2099 posted on Apr 7 2006 at 11:20 AM said:
Uhm, what Fenix version are you using?
No idea, I got the pack that evildragon uploaded to the archive. I suppose I could try downloading a new runtime.

Is there a changelog somewhere?

edit: l_draven, I do use scripts like that, I guess the games just don't have an escape sequence coded into them.

Cheers.

Some stuff runs much better in the new fenix runtime, take Goitfights for example actually runs at fullspeed now instead of completely unplayable

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 7 2006 at 01:43 PM said:
edit: l_draven, I do use scripts like that, I guess the games just don't have an escape sequence coded into them.

You are right, there are some games that don't have an escape sequence coded into them so in next Fenix version I will add a button combination (maybe L+R+CLICK) to force an escape sequence for that games :)

Regards

Back