Legends Of Idhuriel: New Video And Character Image.

l_draven

Still Fresh
Hi friends, I have finished the main character of the game (Legends of Idhuriel) with more detail and i have change some things.

Then i have recorded a new video from gp2X (tv out) with the new character working and the level made with the level editor that I was coding.

I hope that you enjoy it.

ark_pw.gif

ark_preview.jpg

And the video is in my webpage.

L_DRAVEN ENTERTAINMENT

Greetings friends

That model is awsome, going to watch the vid now.
Edit: damn, your site is down, could you upload the vid to gp2x.de?

indeed, it works fine again, there was a out of traffic message before.
The game looks VERY nice, great job youahve done there. :)
Only the houses could need a bit more polish, they look a bit unsharp.

Maybe you could upload a higher quality video to gp2x.de anyway?

Hey l_draven, Have you played 'The Legend of Mir' by chance? You should consider using your graphics engine for a MMORPG. I have been developing my own MMORPG for over 3 years now, and if it had a graphics engine like this it would be better than LOM in my opinion.

The Legend of Mir has over 2 million players world wide, paying £7 each per month to play.

That looks awesome, great work.

Good days for GP2X with Legends of Idhuriel and Salvaria media being released. :)

You created 3D models, textures and animations, just to render 2D sprites for your game? That´s quite a big effort, but looks fantastic. The character looks absolutely great, and the animations are so extremely smooth... Also the other GFX are superb, i can´t believe this is created by just one artist.

Fishbong posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:07 PM said:
You created 3D models, textures and animations, just to render 2D sprites for your game? That´s quite a big effort, but looks fantastic. The character looks absolutely great, and the animations are so extremely smooth... Also the other GFX are superb, i can´t believe this is created by just one artist.

I _think_ there is a 3d version too.
http://www.grafosyakuza.com/ldraven/idhuriel.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I am of the impression that it is a 2D game, it just looks like 3D because all sprites and backgrounds have been created as 3D models.

Could you please clear this up, I draven?

pardom my asking: what sort of game is it supposed to be?

Does the guy fight with that sword, or just walk through the country cooling cool :p

it is not unusual for many professional games to use textured 3D models and render them out for use as 2D animated bitmaps.

ralp99 posted on Oct 2 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
it is not unusual for many professional games to use textured 3D models and render them out for use as 2D animated bitmaps.

True, there are many 2d isometric games out there that have been rendered using LW, 3DS, Maya etc. The problem can be getting the rendered output into 2d libs.

I read a cracking article by the Diablo 2 dev team, they produced their own renderer to take 3DS models and output directly into their 2D image libs, at all 16 directions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back