Legend of Pandora - Windows portable edition

quadcricket

Very Active Member
For those of you that have enjoyed my title Legend of Pandora, I just wanted to let you know that I ported it to Windows! This is a portable version you should be able to throw on your thumb drive and play on the go.

Check it out here

Space to attack, arrows to move. Most Xbox 360 compatible controllers should be compatible with it as well. A/B/X/Y attack, arrows/joystick to move.

“Hey guys, I made free and open source software.”
“Cool, what are you going to do with it?”
“Port it to proprietary operating systems.”
“Man, freedom is a bit self-defeating, isn’t it?”

Here's the source, it's all still free and open and works across all main OSs. :) I just know a lot of us can't quit Windows just yet.

Legend of Pandora Gitlab

"Hey guys, I do nothing in my life but create long thread about myself"
"Meh, don't you plan to stop that"
"Yeah, I criticize other people that actualy do interestings things from time to time"
"..."

Also
1668243856055.png

It runs on the Phytium ARM mini-PC, using box86 & wine :D

Nice little game. :)

I build it for fun on my Pyra, and it build fine as expected....but when i run it segfault.

Added -g to makefile and run with gdb it found the offending line is (192) :

Code:
if (isdigit(prefs_text[i])) {

for what i understand it doesn't seems to find a correct number under the "z" parameter into the config file.

If i pass the "z" parameter via command line it works.
I tried also to add -fsigned-char on the makefile but this have no effect.

Last edited:
Nice little game. :)

I build it for fun on my Pyra, and it build fine as expected....but when i run it segfault.

Added -g to makefile and run with gdb it found the offending line is (192) :

Code:
if (isdigit(prefs_text[i])) {

for what i understand it doesn't seems to find a correct number under the "z" parameter into the config file.

If i pass the "z" parameter via command line it works.
I tried also to add -fsigned-char on the makefile but this have no effect.
Thanks!

I will have to look into this. There are two main branches to try, Master has stayed at SDL1 and "Windows" is SDL2 but should compile fine on Pyra. Try pulling the Windows branch if you have the time to see if it works better. It's really cool to think of the game running on the Pyra!

-edit-

I looked at that section in the Master branch. I ran into these odd char/int translation issues on the Pandora too. The ARM compiler gave me trouble with EOF as well.
The bad news is I can't test it on either system right now since my Pandora is in pieces and I don't have a Pyra.
The good news is things like z (zoom) and resolution setting aren't needed for deployment on the Pyra and can just be commented out.

Last edited:
I wonder if this works also on Steamdeck ^^
I don't see why it wouldn't. You could add the "-f" into the cfg/preferences.txt and it would start full screen every time. The scaling should not be too blurry on the Steamdeck.

@quadcricket you left the hidden ".git" folder in the itchio archive (it makes most of it's size), you may want to remove that next time you upload a version.

Also
legend_of_pandora.png

I can also run the Windows version you uploaded on the Pyra, with Wine+box86+gl4es. Running fine there too (and even the buttons works) :D

@quadcricket you left the hidden ".git" folder in the itchio archive (it makes most of it's size), you may want to remove that next time you upload a version.

Also
-picture-
I can also run the Windows version you uploaded on the Pyra, with Wine+box86+gl4es. Running fine there too (and even the buttons works) :D
Oh, good catch! I mostly use Linux so I am surprised it just throws hidden folders into archives like that. I removed the .git folder and the whole game is about 3MB now. Smaller than most modern websites. xD

Wow! Super cool to see it run on the Pyra! I'm glad the buttons work as well. :D

'f' should work to toggle fullscreen, 'q' to quit, 'left ctrl' to reset. Assuming the mapping is all the same. I'm not sure what the Pyra button is mapped to, but that may reset the game as well.

I mostly use Linux so I am surprised it just throws hidden folders into archives like that.
It's actually just a simple userspace convention, the entire concept of a "hidden" file attribute does not exist on Linux. Programs have to decide themselves if they want to treat dot files/folders any different. With regards to the basic CLI tools there are actually fairly large differences in the default configuration between distributions, e.g. Ubuntu enforces the special treatment of dot files/folders pretty thoroughly - it can be quite annoying when even auto completion in the shell ignores dot files/folders.

The SDL2 version run much better on the Pyra. I compiled the code and made a little video about it.

Fullscreen works fine.

Enjoy

Oh Awesome! I'm glad to see it run so well without tweaking. Thanks for putting the time in to test it!

Back