Left Or Right Brain

Someone showed this to me last night! I thought it was just goin anti clockwise then i got my mum to come and see and she seen it go clcokwise then we both started to see it change. It was rather scray i thought. I just coudlnt see how the leg she was standing on could actually change but after seeing saehns explanation it does make sense

There are 2 different animations being shown. Watch one, then hit refresh and magically she will start to rotate the other way, come on people keep up.

Ummmm, no it's not that..... It is actually just due to your perception. Save the image onto your pc, let it loop and then make it change yourself. I doubt anyone was stupid enough to refresh it and then think it was "magic". I have tried refreshing as you suggest and even hard refresh's make no difference.

Reesy said:
There are 2 different animations being shown. Watch one, then hit refresh and magically she will start to rotate the other way, come on people keep up.
Nope. It takes a bit of concentration if your mind has been "tuned" do one direction, but the movement can be interpreted in both ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
rotsnakemini3ts.jpg

I see both around 50/50. If I look away and then back she normally changes direction. Cool find. Any more stuff like this?

Not nearly as cool, but is this picture moving or not? - btw, i know the answer but it looks good ;) Stare at the middle of one of the 4 circles at the edges to see the others 'moving'. Then stare into the middle of the centre one and they seem to stop.

Please post more illusions, i like headf**ks!

Just found loads of 'simple' ones at: http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/

Reesy said:
Nope if you don't hit refresh and keep the same animation on you can make it switch in your head.

sam fisher said:
Furthermore I thought that you can tell your brain dominance from your "handedness"? I.E. I am right handed therefore my left brain is dominant?
Actually I read somewhere once that they now believe that true right handers are left brain dominant, but left handers and some right handers use both sides more evenly. So if someone is left handed you can safely assume that their brain is fairly even, but if they're right handed their brain could either be even or left dominant.

Anyway, all that's important to know is that left handed people are mentally superior to you right handed freaks ;).

woogal said:
sam fisher said:
Furthermore I thought that you can tell your brain dominance from your "handedness"? I.E. I am right handed therefore my left brain is dominant?
Actually I read somewhere once that they now believe that true right handers are left brain dominant, but left handers and some right handers use both sides more evenly. So if someone is left handed you can safely assume that their brain is fairly even, but if they're right handed their brain could either be even or left dominant.

Anyway, all that's important to know is that left handed people are mentally superior to you right handed freaks ;).

Never! You left handed freaks are just more creative dammit! But your spatial awareness sucks massively!!!

*runs into the night screaming while showing off his impressive spatial awareness by dodging objects at brake neck speeds while still screaming*

Awesome picture. I only saw her going clockwise when I first watched but after a minute I could easily make the switch between clockwise and counterclockwise. :eek:

I can only see her going clockwise.
I find it hard to believe any of you can see it any other way.
weird shit :blink:

sand_man said:
I can only see her going clockwise.
I find it hard to believe any of you can see it any other way.
weird shit :blink:
When her leg is in front, as the image is nothing but a silhouette her leg could actually also be behind ;)

YES, what sam said is how it switches. If you follow the spinning leg, and say to yourself, "it's in....front, now....front" and follow it around, then tell yourself it's in back instead of front and your brain will which the image :D

sand_man said:
nope i dont see it
How easy it is to do depends on how (forgive the wording) balanced your brain is. If you are very strongly creative, etc you may find it very hard to perceive the image going anti-clockwise.
It takes me a fair bit of concentrating to change the direction on that image.

I'm mostly creative but in many circumstances I have a good logical brain... I'm not balanced 50/50 so I have to concentrate to make the woman change direction.
My flat-mate sees both directions, but can't control which direction she sees, this would suggest here brain is very close to be 50/50 left/right dominant.

Just took another look at it and I now see her facing the back flipping back and forth. It would make sense that she is also facing the front flipping back and forth, but I'm not sure why I can't make myself see that if I can make myself see her going in both directions. :blink:

I question how accurate this image is in determining hemisphere dominance. Here are some other tests you can try. I haven't yet. :)

http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm
http://www.mtsu.edu/~studskl/hd/hemispheric_dominance.html

Also, this is interesting:

http://www.leapingfromthebox.com/art/kmg/l...ingstyles2.html

The "Two-Brain Myth"

More recent studies seem to indicate that hemispheric dominance is not as clear-cut as originally thought. Researchers are as interested in how the two hemispheres complement each other and combine to work together as they are in how the hemispheres are different.

saehn said:
http://www.web-us.com/brain/braindominance.htm

That one says I have a left brain dominance, but it says I answered 9 questions like a left brained person and 9
questions like a right brained person, so how the heck did it pull a left brain dominance out of that?

saehn said:
http://www.mtsu.edu/~studskl/hd/hemispheric_dominance.html

That one says I answered 10 questions right brained and 9 questions left brained, but that I tend to not have much of a preference. Sounds better than what the other one said.

Back