Left Or Right Brain

I saw counter clockwise. I viewed it from a bird's eye, from top to bottom.

Clockwiseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and nipples

On another forum this appeared on a few days ago most of the users were saying counter clockwise. If I concentrate I can make it start to appear going counter clockwise.

I stared at it for a minute or so and she was going counter clockwise. Then I looked a bit harder and noticed she was going clockwise. Then I stared a bit harder and saw her moving both ways at once. That really freaked me out, 'cause it looked like she was twisting her body in half. :blink:

whenever i stare at the opposite foot i see in the air, it swaps.

most of the time i see her going clockwise

I started off seing her clockwise and couldn't see anything else.

After a bit of squinting and blurring it started going the other way.

To make it reverse I have to stare at the foot

Predominately clockwise for me. It took some time to make change but it seems like with a bit of practice you can get it to swap at will. Cool find !

Why does she levitate at one point in the cycle???? And why doesn't she fall over?

I initially saw clockwise, but can see both if I concentrate.

Clockwise, then anti-clockwise. Then I worked out how to make her go the other way. I'm not sure what this has to do with left- and right-brain dominance.

For the most-part clockwise... I had to really focus to get my brain to flip it.

My flat mate got freaked out because it was constantly fluctuating for her! O_O
I tried to explain that the animation is constant and it's her understanding of the animation that changes... but she just said that she didn't care and was getting a headache...:lol:

Not tried much to flip it yet. Stared for 20-40 seconds though and its continual counter clockwise...shit changed to clockwise now i've looked again. Now its stuck clockwise. FFS.

Edit: I fit the left brain criteria more than the right brain one however i have a few anomalies where i fit the right one better than the left ones etc.

Furthermore I thought that you can tell your brain dominance from your "handedness"? I.E. I am right handed therefore my left brain is dominant?

Edit2: I can now change it pretty much when I want. But it requires blinking and noticing from the shadow that her leg could also be in another place than i am assuming it is. Then it flips. However the more I try to comprehend it without the shadow and flip it myself the more stuck it gets in one direction lol.

The easiest way I found to get her to flip was to focus on a point about six inches below the monitor, with her still in my peripheral vision. That gives you just enough visual cues to communitcate "spin" but not enough to lock in a direction.

The thing is, the animation for this figure's spin is exactly the same one "direction" or the other. Your mind just picks a direction. Look at the image below. If you think about it, either:
  • her back is to us, her right leg & arm are raised, and she's spinning clockwise, or
  • her chest is to us, her left leg & arm are raised, and she's spinning counter-clockwise
spinning-girl.jpg

It works because she's just a silhouette. If it were filled in with more visual data, there'd be no ambiguity as to the spin direction. Pretty nifty! :)

Exactly and in my peripheral vision I can see both aswell. What i am trying to do is force my mind to be able to comprehend this and allow me to interpret it as will as either or both. I have almost succeeded in this (don't need the shadow to or peripheral vision to swap orientation any more) but i now have a head ache :D

I just kinda think in my head. when her leg appears forwards:

But it's actually behind as well

Then I try to visualise that in my head so then I can notice it in the animation.

Careful, don't break your eyes now :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation saehn, it's a very ingenious thing!

I was only seeing it going clock-wise. Then when I stared at it, it stopped moving and then began to move. I then could make out facial features for some reason. Freaked me out so much. Got it to change to counter clock wise but took awhile. Quite nifty I must say.

Back