Lcd Settings On Gp2x Mkii ?

blakespot

Still Fresh
I just got my GP2X MKII w/ 2.0 firmware. When I go to the Settings area and choose LCD, any sliding of that control just causes the LCD to "blip" for a second (like a quick v-hold flick) - no change in brightness or any other attribute that I can see.

...is this the intended behavior? Tnx.

blakespot

Shikaku posted on Jul 20 2006 at 06:14 PM said:
Yep, MK1 only.

SEARCH NEXT TIME K.

Yea, I figured if it was common it had been asked before. Did an "LCD" search in this area and got no results tho. :-( Sry.

blakespot

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a slight difference it is just that you can't notice it as much on the M2. The retarded picture is rather worthless too as far as being useful. I made one that works while ago but GPH is too dumb to use it, they insist on the lame one they put in there ;)

You can use the one below and insert it with a modded skin install script.

set_lcd.png

the google searching of the forum is inefficient and shitty, its no supplement

doesnt seem to do anything with my mk2 either. theres already problems because of the 2 versions and 1 firmware. they are going to need to make 2 versions or something.

the firmware is optimized for the MK1 unit, so the gamma on the MK2 unit is fucked up bright, and its fine on the MK1. and this LCD adjustment... its just a useless menu option for the MK2, and since the MK2 is the main production unit now.. theres guna be a lot of people like "wth does this optino do? doesnt change anything.." maybe 2 versions of the FW or just optimize it for the MK2. or maybe an option in the settings area.. "MK1 or MK2 gp2x" lol

Shikaku posted on Jul 20 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
Paradox posted on Jul 20 2006 at 07:36 PM said:
the google searching of the forum is inefficient and shitty, its no supplement

Actually it wouldn't be if people use it more...

Thank you for continuing the "Use the damn search function, N00b" attitude, it really makes newcomers feel welcome <_<

It can be changed in the forum options. There's no reason it should still be turned on; there's not so many threads that it would overburden the server. People aren't searching for "The" all day and all night on here.

well, on mk2 it haves no real visual effect, but it can have a slight hit on performance couse it essentialy changes the refresh rate of the display, so i sugest turning it as far left as it looks good cause that gives the highest refresh rate.

Vimacs posted on Jul 21 2006 at 02:21 AM said:
well, on mk2 it haves no real visual effect, but it can have a slight hit on performance couse it essentialy changes the refresh rate of the display, so i sugest turning it as far left as it looks good cause that gives the highest refresh rate.

That is a nice tip.

Back