Lcd Brightness?

poodle

Still Fresh
Hi everyone, I'm a proud new owner of a gp2x mk2 firmware 3.0

I love this unit, but is there any way to adjust brightness for the main menu? Under LCD options you may adjust brightness and contrast for movies, and do LCD screen adjustments. The brightness for the movies works fine, but the screen adjustment doesn't really seem to do anything.

The brightness of my unit is actually just perfect, but it seems that there should be a way to make it darker or lighter if I so choose.

Thanks in advance!

poodle said:

I love this unit, but is there any way to adjust brightness for the main menu? Under LCD options you may adjust brightness and contrast for movies, and do LCD screen adjustments. The brightness for the movies works fine, but the screen adjustment doesn't really seem to do anything.

The brightness of my unit is actually just perfect, but it seems that there should be a way to make it darker or lighter if I so choose.

Thanks in advance!
you can change the gamma, using either the cpu/lcd/ram tweaker or the gamma option in the latest gmenu2x release. but you can't change the strength of the back light. however, messing with the screen timing will do things. notaz just did this screen tweaker, i'm finding it pretty useful:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37150

Last edited by a moderator:
rokdcasbah said:
poodle said:

Thanks in advance!
you can change the gamma, using either the cpu/lcd/ram tweaker or the gamma option in the latest gmenu2x release. but you can't change the strength of the back light. however, messing with the screen timing will do things. notaz just did this screen tweaker, i'm finding it pretty useful:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37150

oh ok, thanks a bunch!

I thought at first that the lcd adjustment was supposed to be gamma, but I found is not. In any case, I'll give your advice a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back