Lcd Setting, What Is It For?

ejoy

Still Fresh
Just got my gp2x today. While playing with the LCD setting I found there is no difference in any of the brightness/contrast/gamma no matter how I adjust the LCD setting bar (left most or right most, no difference). Is this normal?

He probaly has an MKII which does not have the scanline problems like the MKI. If you have an MKI then your stick will not be concave. For an MKI it is best to set it to "4" with the left most being 1.

He probaly has an MKII which does not have the scanline problems like the MKI. If you have an MKI then your stick will not be concave. For an MKI it is best to set it to "4" with the left most being 1.

It's a MKII from gp2x.co.uk. Well I now notice there is tiny tiny wav lines at the right most bar if viewed from the bottom of the screen. But overall it's hard to be noticed. I'm setting it to 4 anyway.

Everything of the MKII is great. My only complain is:
1. I need to press harder to get the joystick toggled, which is still not the same experience as a gp32.
2. the menu color scheme is only better than nothing. The while text is very difficult to read.
3. the car race demo does not run at the full speed.
4. the white cd in the box (I guess from gp2x.co.uk) can not be read in my computer.
5. there is no battery included at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. the menu color scheme is only better than nothing. The while text is very difficult to read.
You can change the menu scheme with another skin

4. the white cd in the box (I guess from gp2x.co.uk) can not be read in my computer.
Nothing to do with GPH, supplied as an extra by the retailer. Everything is on the file archive regardless.

5. there is no battery included at all.
Really? The ones that should be included are useless anyway. Get some decent rechargables (250mah+). This handheld just rips through alkaline batteries

Back