Disable low power mode when lid closed

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
I just tried different times to select "Turn off the screen" on the System->Lid-Close-Settings, but it does change nothing...

If I launch an emulator with a game, I hear the music right, then if I close the lid the music goes SLOOOOW, and if I reopen the lid it plays right again... the power led doesn't change it's color while the lid is closed, so it doesn't seem in the "classic" low power mode, but something is slowed down...

How can I leave the pandora at full speed when the lid is closed ?

This must be a recent change, I'm noticing the same thing.

I did just use the upgrade OS feature..

Last edited by a moderator:
Which emulator is that?

When the screen is turned off, it's no longer possible to do things like vsync, which may confuse the emulator.

With every emulator I think... Mednafen, SNES9x4P... just tried with Picodrive, in this case the sound remains right, but when I open the lid the game is slow until I restart it...

PCSX-Rearmed seems doesn't have issues

EDIT: even Mupen64plus and FBA doesn't have issues... so seems like only a few emus has problems with the lid closed

EDIT: GnGeo has the issue, the sound slow down with lid closed

EDIT: Dega has the sound issue too

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried different times to select "Turn off the screen" on the System->Lid-Close-Settings, but it does change nothing...

If I launch an emulator with a game, I hear the music right, then if I close the lid the music goes SLOOOOW, and if I reopen the lid it plays right again... the power led doesn't change it's color while the lid is closed, so it doesn't seem in the "classic" low power mode, but something is slowed down...

How can I leave the pandora at full speed when the lid is closed ?
If you want to know what your pandora is doing when you shut the lid, look at $HOME/.lidconfig. If it doesn't exist, or its says "brightness", it'll just turn the screen off. If it says "lowpower", then it's suspending.

If you don't want anything at all to happen when you close the lid, edit /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lid.sh and comment out the "/usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh $1 lid" line. You'll need to use 'sudo' to edit that file.

It says "brightness", and I just want to turn off the screen, so it should be right like this... it's just strange to hear slowdowns in sounds if it's only the screen that's turning off...

I'm using the TV-out cable when this happens would it still disable the vsync if it's still outputting video?

In the /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh file, in the display_off() function, comment out the line "echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank"

The LCD stops turning completely off, just turns out the backlight, so it continues to process vsyncs and such at a slight cost of more power usage.

In the /usr/pandora/scripts/op_power.sh file, in the display_off() function, comment out the line "echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank"

The LCD stops turning completely off, just turns out the backlight, so it continues to process vsyncs and such at a slight cost of more power usage.
I will try it, thanks :)

in addition to this, you may need to change the if statement immediately before that from

if [ "$kernel_major" = "2" ]; then
to 

if [ "$kernel_major" -ne "0" ] && [ "$kernel_major" -ne "1" ]; then
depending on what kernel version you are running.

Back