LCD cable & case replacement OOW...Who to ask?

With your private reserve, i'm sure you'll have enough for all ppl onboard ^^.

DSC04240.JPG

I'm having screen problems that started a couple of daysago with my 1GHz, as soon as the screen is moved from completely open into a position thats about 50 -55% open the screen goes black, as soon as the screen is moved from a a more upright position the screen is fine and works fine in a fully open position.

I'm told this is a problem with the LCD cable but i really dont have the manual dexterity to successfully fit a new LCD cable myself and while my wife has done Pandora repairs in the past (on my old batch 1 before i traded it in) fitting a new LCD cable is beyond her skill, even though she's used to doing lots of fine dexterous work in her job.

So do i need a new LCD cable?

Can i fix this by just reseating the old cable or is it dying?

How would i go about sending my 1Ghz to Germany for repair, if neccessary, and how long would this take?

How much is the repair going to cost me? (i've probably had the unit less than two months, dont know if i can afford a costly repair bill. Especially on something so new)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump! My first batch Pandora hasn't been used in ages but all of a sudden the unit and leds turn on but the screen doesn't! I can only guess that this is the dreaded damaged lcd cable? Do we still send these to Germany to have these repaired? I appreciate I'm a long way out of warranty but have tried to ignore over time; hinge problems , battery pack being chipped, and damaged left shoulder button. In essence I couldn't come to terms with letting my Pandora go!, as long as it was playable it was never getting RMA'D!. I did consider going up to 1ghz but I don't believe there is any exchange discount by sending in an old pandora? Suppose with Pyra coming out it's not the end of the world?

How much will it cost for a new LCD cable repair please?

Replacement would be free, so you can order a cable, mention in the "message to us"-field that we shouldn't ship it because you need it for the Pandora RMA.
Then you download the RMA-Sheet from here:
http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf and send it back to:

OpenPandora GmbH
Schäffbräustr. 11
85049 Ingolstadt
Germany

We'll fix everything else as well.

Do NOT include a battery with the shipment!

I have added in my comments not to send lcd cable as instructed and my reference is PKWSOUWZY, thanks ED, I will post Pandora to Germany tommorow

Is this still ok to do? Unfortunatly my 1Ghz pandora has broken down (quite literally tonight :-( ) .

Quite often although it appears to power up, it has a completely blank screen. Once or twice the screen looked like this but then if I even touched the screen went back to a blank, empty screen. I'm guessing the lcd cable is broken; can I still send my pandora back or to get it fixed?

ljones

Back