Unhappy times - lcd cable fault?

milkshake

Advanced Member
I got my Pandora in June and its been amazing I never thought I would get any problems but now I think my Pandora has developed the LCD cable issue as when I'm opening/closing my Pandora screen its flickers in and out of a pinky hugh like one of the colour channels looses signal it still works fine when fully open but its only a matter of time until it gets that way as its doing it more and more now I'm scared I don't wanna loose my panda baby do you think its the cable Craig/Evil?

if so what's the process for warranty repair?

cheers.

I got my Pandora in June and its been amazing I never thought I would get any problems but now I think my Pandora has developed the LCD cable issue as when I'm opening/closing my Pandora screen its flickers in and out of a pinky hugh like one of the colour channels looses signal it still works fine when fully open but its only a matter of time until it gets that way as its doing it more and more now I'm scared I don't wanna loose my panda baby do you think its the cable Craig/Evil?

if so what's the process for warranty repair?

cheers.

Yes, definately sounds like the cable :(

I am getting the pink screen now too. :(

The light blue areas turn pink. It was subtle and hard to notice at first, but it's starting to happen more.

I'm having the issue too, started this morning (my reason for visiting the boards). It was from an early shipment in August as a replacement for my first one (which had two dead nubs on arrival).

Reading the reports lately, I do start to wonder if this will be a persistent problem for the Pandora due to the tight tolerances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I pretty much have an idea why this happens to some units and didn't happen to with any prototype units... methinks it's partly based on tolerances and on that stupid copper tape we need to use for CE conformity...

I also have a good idea how to prevent this once and for all.

Need to check that out with the other guys and talk to the LCD cable company what they think about that.

Seems like some cables aren't as stable as the rest - and they are affected by that.

Almost every unit I've fixed with this issue has been from the first 400.

Also the number I've fixed all together is <30 so it's not a major issue, but we are keeping an eye on the situation and working with the people who make the cable to make sure everything is done that can be done to make them stronger/more flexable.

I can't speak for others Craigix & EvilDragon, but the worst part of returns is really just agonizing of being without my Pandora. You guys do a great job, and for a device from such a small company I hate to make such demands but have been very, very pleased with the support to date, it's better then any company (barring Amazon, but I've only had small item issues where the cost of the replacement including shipping was less then the cost of you guys shipping the replacement Pandora to me).

edit: a bit of an aside, I had hoped this had something to do with the screen bezel issue since I've long hoped that would get resolved. Thanks Ed & Craig for spending so much time alleviating fears on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to return my Pandora to ED in Germany (from Spain).

Is there anything I need to write on the package so I don't get charged by customs or something?

I have to return my Pandora to ED in Germany (from Spain).

Is there anything I need to write on the package so I don't get charged by customs or something?
There should be no VAT, Duty etc for movements within the EEC. If for some reason you need to put a customs form on the package I would write "Free of Charge, Return for repair" just to make sure.

OK, I'm sending it back to ED later this morning: here's hoping customs don't charge me any money.

OK, I'm sending it back to ED later this morning: here's hoping customs don't charge me any money.

Spain is part of the European Union like Germany, there are no custom charge.

I've bought many things from Spain and England, and never had any problems with customs, here in Belgium.

Back